Chapter 13

Author's note
OMG we hit 100 votes!!! As a thank you this is an extra long chapter so enjoy!

What is your favourite chapter so far??

Let me tell you what normally happens when my dad comes home from a business trip:
1. He makes us eat breakfast lunch and dinner together everyday.
2. He demands a 'warning' whenever Calum comes over so that he can 'approve' or 'decline' it. I know, I know it's the most stupid thing ever known to man but no word of a lie if I don't ask then he will blow a fuse, it's happened before.
3. He randomly tells mom to take days off work since you know he is the most important person in the world and the fact that there are patients dying in hospital in desperate need of my mothers assistance means nothing to him.

Now let me tell you what has happened since we got home from the restaurant on Saturday:

Nothing.

Nothing!!

Non of his stupid rules have been enforced, I can eat breakfast in my room and mom went to work on Sunday. The reason for all this being possible was due to the fact that dad had locked himself in his office since we had gotten home on Saturday. He had gone to bed early hours in the morning but when mom had woken up at 8 am to go to work on Sunday he was already back in his office.

Both me and mom found this extremely unusual and to be honest it was worrying me a little. Mom was obviously more worried than me as she wasn't paying attention to anything, it was like she was stuck in her own little bubble, oblivious as to what was happening around her. My point was proven when she placed an apple that was downing in a bowl full of milk down in front of me.

"Mom?" I asked raising my eyebrow at the soggy apple. 

"Yeah?" She asked not really paying attention.

"I know I'm not a 5 star cook and I burn ice but I'm pretty sure that an apple doesn't go with milk,"

Mom snapped out of her daze. Looking down at my bowl she gasped. "Oh sorry, I started to make you cereal and then gave you fruit, I don't know what happened."

I rolled my eyes, I knew what happened. She zoned out thinking about my dad again. God help the poor patients she had to look after yesterday.

"I'm going to get ready for school," I told her pushing my inedible breakfast away from me in disgust.

Okay so Violet today is the first day you're going into school as Austin's girlfriend so it is extremely important you don't dress like a homeless 12 year old boy. I was looking through my closet when my phone started to buzz. Not bothering to look at the caller ID I answered and pressed the phone to my ear with my shoulder.

"What's up buttercup?" Austin asked down the line.

I burst into laughter, nearly dropping my phone in the process. "God you did not just say that," I said in between gasps for air.

Austin didn't seem fazed by my laugher. "Be ready in 20 minutes,"

"Wait why?"

"Because I'm taking you to school, duh," I could imagine him rolling his eyes as he said this. My brain suddenly registered what he had said. Wait what? Taking me to school? As in drive outside of my house while my dad was here. Did Austin get hit too hard in the head with a basketball in practice?!

"No I'll drive myself," I stated firmly.

"Violet don't be difficult I'm taking you to school,"

"I'm not being difficult and you're not taking me to school,"

"Violet," he warned.

"See you in school," I said ending the call.