Chapter 19

"I swear to god Austin you better have a good excuse for waking me up this early on a Saturday," I groaned into the phone.

"What are you doing today?"

"Sleeping now go away," I grumbled getting ready to end the call.

"Wait! I was wondering if you could help me,"

"Help you do what?" I asked sitting up in bed and rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

"It's my grandma's birthday so I thought I'd do something nice for her and I googled ideas for your grandma's birthday and the main one was bake a cake but the problem is I don't know how to bake and nobody is home to help me,"

"Where do I come into this,"

"Please can you please come please and help me please... please,"

I sighed. "I'll meet you at your house in 20 minutes,"

"Thank you," he practically shouted into the phone. "I'll see you soon,"

"Why did I agree to this?" I mumbled to myself as I got out of my warm bed and made my way to my bathroom to get ready. It had been a week since my dad had grounded me so thankfully I was allowed out now. Once I had quickly applied some makeup and had gotten changed I grabbed my car keys.

"Mom, dad, I'm going to Robyn's, she needs help with her English work," I said popping my head around the kitchen door where they were both sat drinking coffee.

"It's good to see you working on your studies," my dad smiled.

Bite your tongue Violet, don't make a smart comment or he wont let you go. "Yeah," was all I said before leaving the house and making my way to Austin's.

"Hey," he said opening the door as I pulled into his drive.

"I haven't baked a cake in 4 years so I don't know how edible this thing is going to be," I laughed as I followed him into the kitchen. "Okay where are the ingredients?"

"I have some eggs,"

"Is that is?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

"Well what else do you need for a cake?" he questioned, genuinely serious. His question was met by my silence. With a groan, Austin swung open the refrigerator door. "Actually on second thought, I don't think we have eggs."

"How did you expect to make the cake?"

Austin avoided eye contact. "Magic?" He tried.

"Grab some money," I said rolling my eyes and making my way to my car.

"Why?"

"We need to go and get some ingredients,"

And that ladies and gentleman is how I ended up in the supermarket with Austin contemplating throwing a bag of frozen pees at his head.

"Austin just pick a flavor of cake so I can get the cake mix,"

"But I don't know what type she likes,"

"Just get plain cake mix," I said throwing a box at him. I was aiming for his face but being the basketball star he was he caught it with ease. "You know what I'll just do it," I grumbled snatching the shopping cart off him and filling it up with things I needed to make a cake.

"Are we done yet?" Austin complained from behind me as I read the back of an icing box.

"May I remind you that this is for your benefit not mine," I said not even bothering to look at him.