iv.

song inspired of this chapter: start a riot by BANNERS

'''

Declan's fist connected with one of the guy's jaws. Fighting came out of nowhere. Fist were thrown. Blood was shed. As well as tears.

Crying as she ran, Adeline called for help.

She ran to the nearest shop, makeup running down her face, due to the out of nowhere fight that broke out.

"Help! Please help! Men tried to... they tried to hurt me! My boyfriend saw and they just started fighting! Please help me!" She spoke to the two male clerks in what it looked like as a sporting goods store. They looked around Adeline and Declan's age.

The two men's faces morphed into worry and concern. One was around 6"1 or so, with brown hair, and was wearing a Nike hoodie and joggers. The other was around the same height, only with reddish orange hair, sporting the same look. 

Their name tags wrote, "Cameron" and "Lee". At least she knew their names, she thought.

Immediately, they replied, "Well, where are they!" Cameron and Lee circled around the cashier desk and stood by me. Adeline smiled inside. She guided her arm and hurried out of the store with them trailing behind her. Adeline was worried about the state that Declan would be in when she found him, knowing that the guys already managed to get a few good punches in. Worry consumed her head and heart. Hoping that Declan was alright, they rounded the corner to find him and the two men, still going at it.

Cameron and Lee saw what was going on and rushed to break it apart. 

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Guys stop!" Cameron said, his brown hair beginning to plaster onto his head from his sweat. Declan's face was morphed into a face that I wish I could never see. He stopped fighting. If looks could kill the two men who attacked me would not be alive.

"If I ever see you again, you will be wiped off the face of the earth!" Declan yelled at them. The two guys glanced at me, setting Declan off, which resulted in him yelling again. "Don't even look at her! Don't think about her!" Eyebrows raised, his mouth formed into a snarl, he looked like a monster. It honestly scared Adeline to think of him doing that at her. 

Adeline knew this all happened because of her. If she wasn't weak, or foolish, Declan wouldn't have blood all over his face. She wouldn't have to see this scary possessive side of Declan. Knowing she was deep in thought, with nerves surrounding her face, she felt Declan's hands cup her face.

She looked up to see those striking blue eyes she's learned to love. Concern and love etched his face as he looked at her. Kissing her, he spoke against her lips, "Are you alright? I'm sorry that you had to see me like that. Just seeing their hands on you... I couldn't fathom the thought of you hurt." 

Adeline's whole body relaxed under his touch and soothing words. Declan always fixed her insecurities or worries, even doubts. "It's okay. Are you okay? We need to go to a hospital or something." 

Declan chuckled, "I'm fine as long as your fine. Clean me up?" Adeline nodded in reply. She turned to look at Cameron and Lee. As she nodded at them she spoke, "Thank you guys. I really appreciate what you did." Declan pulled Adeline to his chest. He smirked, "Look at you, being the nice one, like always." 

That made Adeline smile, ear to ear.

Lee came over and hugged Adeline. "I hope you guys will be okay, really." Declan gave Lee the stink eye. She laughed.

"Not too close man."

Adeline laughed harder.

'''

Back at the hotel, with Declan seated on the bathtub, Adeline was cleaning his face covered in blood. They were very lucky seeing as only he was going to have just a few bruises. She couldn't say the same for the two guys that attacked her. Declan was very lucky, that was all she was going to say. 

Sitting in silence, Declan could feel the tension like a knife to the throat.

Something was wrong.

"Love, what's wrong." He asked.

She shook her head. "Nothing."

Declan pulled her arm. She looked up, her face emotionless. 

"Really, what's wrong."

Adeline pulled her hand to her face.

"I don't want to upset you."

Confused once again, Declan responded, "What is it. It's okay just tell me." 

Adeline took a deep breath before letting all of her emotions get the best of her.

Looking up at him, there was closure. Closure that it would work. That they would be together as long as it worked. He gave Adeline that closure.

"Today was scary. Seeing you like that, I mean. I've seen you get possessive over me at like bars and stuff... but that, it was like you were a different person. You weren't the guy that hugged me or bonded with me over the latest LANY song. I've never seen you so... so mad. I wonder if you would ever be that way with me." Adeline let out a sigh of relief letting it out, letting her feelings out to the man she loved the most in the world.

She looked up to see Declan's tortured eyes staring back at her. They were filled with tears. 

"I scare you?" He asked. Adeline objected but he through an arm up to stop her. "You think I'm a monster... I can't even look at my self. My world, you, think I'm a monster! I scare you. I scare you... Adeline, I'm sorry, I love you, I did that because you're my future wife, the world, I worship the ground you walk on. I never wanted you to be scared of me. Baby, I'm sorry! Forgive me please, please!" 

Declan was crying. Over me. Adeline Dahlia. A girl who had never had a boyfriend before this blue eyed beautiful creature locked eyes with her. Emotions drowned Adeline. She felt like she was suffocating. Suffocating from so much love.

Looking at him crying on the bathroom floor she pulled him up and embraced him. Feeling his tears on her shirt, she spoke. "Shh. It's okay. I forgive you. I love you. You aren't a monster."

"Please, don't go." Declan spoke through tears.

"Never." Adeline replied.

She could never go.

'''

YAY!! I'm back! This chapter was an important part in Adeline and Declan's relationship.

Who knew Declan Hawthorne loved Adeline that much! Soon, Adeline's side of love will be shown.

Next chapter is coming soon!

Lots of love, ALEXCHENSON.