Chapter 1 - Escaping

Finally we find it, our key to get home. Also we find an old dusty chest stored in the room. The chest is filled with valuable information and Krill's battle plans on to attack Slinsil. We take it. As we are heading out we see a big guard standing at the doorway leading to the two rooms. Just as I was going to tell everyone what the plan is, Little-john runs out and stabs the guard in the back. He falls back making a loud thudding noise. We all freeze as we see another guard coming out of the food storage room. I take out an arrow and shoot him in the chest. We all walk quietly to the food storage room; we thought it would be essential to take some food for our trip home. Suddenly Athor runs through a door to another room and comes out with his hands full of wine. I give him a puzzling look. He whispers to me, "I can't find any water," he says cheekily. "Okay, well do you have enough?" I ask, he was holding five bottles in his arms. I look over my shoulder to see Doughty and Touch-fire packing the chest with food. "I think we should get out of here guys" I say to them. Little-John replied by saying, "We should stop of at the weapons room first, you will need some more arrows for our journey home" "Well I guess so" I whispered back to him. We all creep out of the room. Touch fire and I sneak ahead to the room where the guard dogs are kept. We were checking if it was clear just as one of the dogs turned around, Touch-fire used his magic to turn all of the dogs to stone. I look into the room and see the door to the weapons room. "Athor I found it," I whisper loudly. Athor and I creep into the room, past the stone dogs. Suddenly I see a guard at the door. He spots us. I quickly try to grab an arrow but find that I have run out. Athor notices and runs up and stabs his dagger into the guard's chest. "URGH" he shouts, as the dogs turn back to normal. Touchfire sees them and zaps them again. I grab some arrows and a dagger for just in case I need it. As we sneak out we find doughty fighting a guard. I grab my bow and arrow and shout to Doughty "Duck!" He ducks, at the same time as I let go of the arrow. The arrow goes straight through the guard. Athor comes running out "go and help Little-John to unlock the tunnel." I order him quietly. Touchfire is watching the dogs and turning them to stone every five minutes. "Doughty come with me" I whisper. "Let's see if there is anyone in the dungeon." He stays right behind me as we walk to the dungeon. We find a dead guard lying on the ground. Doughty says "He was an easy one." I hear a cry of help. I jump over the body and run into the dungeon. When I walk in, I stand dead still and tears start their way down my cheeks. I run to my twin sister Zanna. I was so shocked to see her. She went missing a long time ago in the forest next to Slinsil. As I help her out she tells me how she got here. Just then I hear some sniffs coming from behind me. Zanna looks over my shoulder as well. It was Doughty. "Doughty? What are you doing here Doughty?" asked Zanna. I look back at Zanna with a confused face. "You guys know each other?" I asked them. "Yes we do" said Zanna with her head down smiling, "We used to be dating"  

"You Two Used To Be Dating!!!!!" I blurt out whispering loudly.

"Yes," Zanna looks puzzled, "you seem surprised." 

"Surprised, You Think I'm surprised? Why didn't you tell me?" 

"Well..., we wanted to keep it a secret" Zanna replied to me looking a bit scared. "Umm... do you think one of you could possibly get me out of these chains" She asked me looking half scared half worried. "I will" Replied Doughty as he started walking up to Zanna. As he got up to where I was standing I got up and said to him "No way, am I letting you be the hero," 

"Hey don't be mean to him," Zanna complained at me "He was only trying to help," I ignore her and get out my dagger and walk up to the chains and try to pick the lock. It works. "Are you guys coming?" says Athor when he comes in. "Yes, but first go get a sword from the weapon room for Zanna." I say thinking if it is a good idea. Athor rushes off while I help Zanna up. I take her to the corner of the room and say "How come you never told me about you and Doughty?" 

"Well we only went out for a little bit until he broke up with me." "Well don't try to get back with him because he is mine!!!" I whisper back to her with no sympathy. "Come on let's go."

***

We get to the tunnel; Little-john goes first, then Athor, then Touchfire, then Zanna, then Doughty and finally me. "Don't try any funny business" I whisper to Doughty. "Why would I?" He replies to me in a sarcastic voice. I look at him roll my eyes and tell him to keep moving. We finally get out of the tunnel. The men put down the chest and two bags that they filled up with food and the wine. Little-John warns us that there is a guard on duty just up ahead. I grab out an Arrow and shoot him straight through the neck. "Not really where I was aiming for" I say turning around. As I look at everyone I see that they are all giggling. "What's so funny" I ask. Zanna replies back to me pointing at the guard, "His head fell off and rolled off the cliff". I turn around all look at the dead body lying there on the floor, and realise that she is right. The body has no head. I burst out laughing as the head rolls down the cliff. Once our laughing fit ends, we all head off to the exit out of Kraznir. We find that our journey has just begun, down a narrow cliff.