Chapter 6 - Coming Home

I get taken to a room with clothes everywhere. I'm guessing this is the royal changing room, the servant then takes me to a bath that she fills up with hot water. When I get in my whole body is stinging, not just because it is hot but because of all the cuts I have had during the journey.

The journey, I think back of all the things that have happened. Finding Zanna alive, Little-John drowning and Nehemath and Touchfire killing each other. Touchfire. My father. Why on earth would my mum keep that from me? The whole trip Touchfire never told me either! My mum. I haven't even seen my mum since I got here! I have to go see her and tell her about Zanna and her husband... Husband? I mean Touchfire, that well he is dead. This is too much! I wish all this never happened!! I wish it was all a dream!

All of a sudden a young girl comes walking in. "It is time for dinner. Should I tell them that you will be late?"

"Uhh... No, I will be out in a bit, will you please hand me that towel?" She grabs a towel and says "You are so brave... going out there risking your life for Slinsil, I always wanted to do that but I am stuck her being a low servant girl." She has such a sad face it makes me want to cry, but instead I suck it up and say

"What! You aren't a low servant girl, you work for the Queen! That is a wonderful job! Most girls would probably want to be in your position, I know I was!"

"But you have such a cool important job, how could you ever want to work as a servant?"

"Yes I do but I mean that I wanted to be like you and work for the Queen."

"But you do."

"Yes I know, I do know, but my point is that you also work for the Queen so you are important as well! You know what the Queen appreciates your work better than mine, you know why? Because you look after her. Even though it may seem that you aren't appreciated you are!"

"Oh I didn't think of it that way! I thought nobody cared about the servants!"

"Oh they do, trust me!"

She walks out and comes back carrying a beautiful dress, I am not too fond of dresses but this one is beautiful!

"The Queen personally picked it out for you. I think it was a wonderful choice!"

"Yes it is thank you!"

"No problem, I will wait for you outside."

She gives the dress to me and walks off. I better get changed, they are probably waiting for me.

***

The dress fits perfectly. It is so amazing! And heels that go with it are just so comfortable! The dress is smooth and silky, it is light blue with darkish green sleeves. It has vines coming up from the bottom that matches the sleeves. It is the most beautiful dress I have ever worn and seen! I walk out to see the servant girl waiting for me.

"Wow! You look beautiful!" she says with lit up eyes. "Thanks" is my only reply. As we walk I ask "Sorry but I never caught your name."

"Oh sorry my name is Xina your personal servant." she says with a bow.

"Oh nice name but the personal servant and bow are too much. You shouldn't have to work for me."

"It's my job, I enjoy it." I look at her and smile. "Then you may be my personal servant, but on one condition."

"What?"

"That we don't covet each other and that you treat me as a friend."

She smiles and says "Okay but that was two conditions." I look at her and we both laugh.