Chapter 5 - Nehemath

I stand there in silence looking in fright. When I was young I heard stories of a horrible wizard called Nehemath that haunts the forest.

“Is there any other way around” I ask Touchfire.

“I don’t know what does it say on the map?” he asks me. I look down at the map.

"There is no way round that will not get us killed" I say,

"Either way we will die" Touchfire replies grimly. I look at Athor and Doughty and their worried faces. "We could always talk him down to letting us go in peace." I suggest.

"Maybe, but I don't think he will allow it." Is Touchfire's reply. I look at him and begin walking. I have butterflies in my stomach as we start for the forest.

"What’s wrong?" asks Doughty. I stop and turn around

"In this forest is a gruesome wizard that controls it. He knows who is in it and where they are. He doesn't like people entering his forest and he does bad things to those who do." I stop take a breath and try to stop myself form shaking. We start walking again in silence towards the forest of Haag.

We descend into the deep dark woods and everybody is silent. The forest is very quiet.

“Everybody grab out your weapons” I whisper to them, "just in case."

We walk some more with weapons equipped and looking around for any signs of movement. I hear a load booming voice

“What’s with the weapons? Surely you won't need to use them”

“Nehemath” I hear Touchfire whisper.

”get ready” Doughty orders us. We all get out our weapons and stand in a circle with our backs to each other ready for battle. Suddenly I see a flash and a voice

“Well, hello brother”. We all turn around to see Nehemath standing in the middle of the circle. I grab an arrow and point it straight at him Doughty and Athor do the same with an axe and a sword.

“Please, Brother we only want to pass through peacefully” Touchfire says to Nehemath after a minute in silence.

Athor, Doughty and I all look at him and then back to Nehemath and back to Touchfire again. They just stand there looking at each other while I contemplate. Touchfire is brothers with the most evil wizard in all the land? That is huge!! And he didn't even mention it once! This came as a huge surprise to me and I stand there in shock. Silent.

Finally Nehemath spoke.

“Well, I only wanted to come down to see my Brother and his friends. I mean no harm” He says to us with a huge grin on his face looking at each of us then back to Touchfire. Touchfire looked back at him with a very confused look on his face, but then started to smile.

“I always knew there was a better side to you” he replies.

Nehemath didn't seem very convincing to me, but Touchfire knows his brother so I will trust him. "Okay guys lets go" I say to them. I noticed everyone started walking except for Athor, but I say nothing. He probably wants to hang around at the back in case Nehemath tries something.  "TOUCHFIRE LOOK OUT" I heard Athor scream. I'm right I think to myself as we all duck as a huge fire-ball flies over our heads. Touchfire, Doughty and I all turn around to fight. I grabbed out an arrow, Doughty gets out his sword and Touchfire gets ready to fight. Nehemath takes another shot at us but Doughty deflects it with his sword and it went flying back at Nehemath.

“Trying to play tricky now are you?” Nehemath said snickering back at us. I got some arrows out and started shooting them at Nehemath, but because of my arm my aim is a bit off and Nehemath kept dodging them. Touchfire turns invisible and is trying to use Athor’s axe to attack Nehemath, but because he is a wizard too he can sense where Touchfire is. Doughty is trying to hit him with his sword.