Chapter 7 - A Lot of Crying!

"Our father?" Zarco asks.

"Yes." I reply plainly,

"What about our father?"

"Well just that he was alive all this time and he was on the journey with us and then he and our uncle died."

he looks at me in awe.

"i'll give you a minute to digest."

He stands there for a while, I go over and make mum a cup of tea. Doughty stays with Zarco.

"Who?" I hear Zarco ask Doughty

"Uhh, Touchfire the wizard." He replies. "you all good?"

"Uhh, yeah i guess so, what happened?"

"I'm not that sure i think you should ask your sister, she saw it happen."

"What? is this true Zora?" Zarco asks me coming around the corner.

"Yeah, i did," I say with a quiet voice trying to blot the image out of my head. I see my mum's head lift a little.

"You want to talk about it?" Zarco asks. I look and him and want to say yes but instead i say,

"Nehemath, our uncle, shot magic at Touchfire, our dad and he shot back, there was a big bang and they were gone." I pour the water into the mug.

"Wow"

"Yeah and she's the only one who saw it so we'll have to take her word for it." Dougty says trying to make a joke. I look at him and he takes the big smile off his face.

"I'm sorry" We hear a faint voice say.

We all turn to mum and I take the cup of tea to her. She sits up and we all sit around her at the table. She takes a sip and smiles. Zarco gets her a cloth and she dries up her eyes. All three of us sit there looking at her waiting for an explanation.

"One day before you were born," she starts, "I met a young wizard. It was at a festival that was run for all of Slinsil. I danced with many men but one caught my eye. Your father - Touchfire. After the festival he took me to a beautiful garden and we sat and talked. He told me that night that he had to leave to do business for the royals and he left in the morning. The day after I found out i was pregnant with you three. I didn't tell many people or Touchfire. When he got back you were already 2 years old and i told him that he was the father. He wanted to get married but i told him that I was already married to someone else."

"Jonathan?" i butt in

"yes, and so he left and went on with his life. We saw each other from time to time and he looked after you guys while Jonathan and i went out. It was all fine until the day Jonathan died. Touchfire and i wanted to get together but you guys were already 9. We kept it a secret all these years and we were going to tell you guys some day but I guess that is not necessary any more." She drinks the rest of her tea and Zarco and consume all this information.

"Did you tell him about Zanna?" She asks

Zarco looks at me in confusion and gives me a "what?" look.

"no i haven't," Is my reply

"Well then I think you should tell him." She says

"Tell me what about Zanna?" Zarco says frustrated.

"That she is alive and that she is married to king Krill." He looks at me in happiness and then into horror when I announce her marriage.

"What!?" is all that comes out of his mouth.

"yeah pretty bad huh? I had to find out during a fight which kind of caused me to faint."

"Oh dear, sweetie are you okay?" Mum asks