Chapter 9

Mabel POV

The night felt, and I was sick from worries about Dipper. He was gone the whole day, and still didn't arrive home. I knew something happened to him, that he was in trouble, but Grunkle Stan and Ford didn't want to hear it.

"That knucklehead just needs some time to think sweetheart. Something is going on in his mind, you saw it yesterday." Grunkle Stan said, not looking up from his newspaper.

"He's right Mabel. We're already very shocked about what happened yesterday night, so imagine how Dipper must have felt. He just needs to time alone. He's a smart kid, he must have a reason to do it. You'll see, he will be back before you know it." Grunkle Ford said, but when he sai the last sentence I could see he wasn't so sure of it.

I became really angry when I saw that. My freaking brother was gone and it was almost midnight! Something was wrong, he was in trouble, I could feel it! And Grunkle Ford knew I was right but he was just lying!

"How could you say that!" I screamed. "Yesterday he said he hated himself and his life, and he bursted into freaking flames! And now he is gone! He had a backpack full with water and other stuff to survive! He ran away! We need to find him!"
Grunkle Ford and Grunkle Stan were just looking at me, not able to answer. Argh! Stupid grown-ups! They don't understand anything!

"Mabel, sweetheart, you're overreacting... Dipper is a tough kid, he will be fine. Don't worry." Stan said. A watery substance covered my cheeks, and I realised it were tears.

"Mabel, we're worried to. I'm smart enough to know something fishy is going on with him. Something has gotten in his mind. But he ran away for a reason, and if we are going to bother him it'll only get worse."

Maybe they were right. Something was going on and maybe he just needed some time alond. But why would Dipper not say anything? He knew I would be upset about him running away. Why can't he just talk about his problems? Why run away? I started crying.

Stan hugged me when he saw my tears. I missed Dipper, and it he was only gone for a couple hours.

"It will all be alright pumpkin..." He comforted me. I took a deep breath, and I could control myself again. Hold back the tears Mabel...

Then Stan said it was already really late and it was time for bed. I agreed, but I know I couldn't sleep.

I was right. The rest of the night I was thinking about Dipper and ways he could die. He was alone in the woods! Anything could happen to him! He could be eaten by wolfs, or fall in a river and drown or...

I shook my head, making the thoughts go away. Dipper is smart, he would never do something dumb like that. He would never get himself hurt.

Right?

*Time skip*

Dipper POV

Three days. It has been three days since I ran away from home. My arms were covered in blood and cuts. It didn't even hurt anymore, I had done it so many times I've grown familiar with the pain. Cutting felt good, it would make the voices go away for a while.

The food I had brought with me was already in my stomach, but I was surrounded by bushed with blueberries, so I didn't starve.

Maybe it seemed really lonely out here, but I always felt a presence of someone. I exactly knew from who, that stupid dorito, but I didn't mind it. It's not that I liked it, but it was better than be alone, even if I couldn't see him or talk to him.

In those three days I often heard Mabel screaming my name, trying to find me. But yesterday I came to a conclusion, and it kept me from running towards Mabel and saying I was sorry,