Chapter 16

Bill POV

Well, there it was. I said it. I said the words I wanted to say for twelve, almost thirteen years. I hoped it wouldn't hit him too hard. That his life wouldn't turn upside down.

But the look on Pinetree's face was even worse. His fingers were trembling, and he was staring at the wall behind me. Then, he moved his trembling fingers to his head, putting his head in his hands.

"You... Is... Is this really true? How could I be sure that you're telling me the truth? Maybe you're just playing tricks on me again!" He almost yelled. I sighed, I expected this reaction. Why wouldn't react like this?

"Pinetree... do you think I like this? It would be way easier, for both of us, if it wasn't true. But it is. It really is."

Now, Pinetree trembled even more. I started to feel guilty. He looked so broken.

"I'm sorry, P-"

"This explains everything..." A sudden whisper interrupted my apology. The owner of the voice was, of course, Dipper.

"What to you mean, kid? What does it explain?"

"This is why I always felt off. I always felt different than the other kids on my school, or anyone else. Even my parents treated me different then Mabel... I couldn't explain why I... I just thought I was weird or something."

A sudden wave of pity flooded over me. This kid always lived in confusion. He always felt off, and thought he wasn't normal. I knew he was depressed, and I felt guilty because I felt like it was my fault. My son had lived in sadness and unknown his whole life. 

"Is... is Mabel even my twin sister? Is my family, Grunkle Stan, Ford, Mabel... Are they even related to me?"

I shook my head. 

"No. They aren't related to you. That you two look-a-like so much, is just coincidence, believe it or not. When that human kidnapped you, he gave you to your parents. He did that with a reason. He knew that your 'parents' were related to Stan, who was related to the only man who knew how to keep me away. Stanford Pines. The kidnapper hoped that if you one day met Ford, you would be protected against me." I explained. 

"This... this changes everything... They... They did me so much damage... But I kept protecting them, because I thought... I thought it was my duty... To protect my family. How badly I wanted to hurt them, I didn't because it was my family."

I smirked. It was really sad that Pinetree kept up an act for so long. But I sensed a lot of anger, no, hunger for revenge. I knew it wouldn't be long until he would join me to take over Gravity Falls.

I got up and walked to him. I knelt in front of my son, so my eyes were lined with his eyes. Pinetree's eyes were filled with tears, but also a dangerous fire of anger. I loved it. 

"Son... It will be alright. I know it's hard for you. It's hard for me too. You were my number one enemy a day ago... and now you're my son. But no matter what you were, all that matters it that you here now."

My sons' eyes watered even more. Suddenly, he jumped up and threw is arms around my middle. His tears watered my vest, and sobs filled the room. I gasped in surprise.

"I believe you..."  He sobbed. A soft smile formed on my face. I hugged him back. 

"I'm glad, my son. Together we will rule the world..." I felt a smile form against my vest. It made me smile even wider.

"What... what was the name you gave me... when I was born?"

I sighed. This was the moment I've been waiting for.