2-Another distraction, a major obssession to be? :">

As I was finishing hauling fallen leaves off the pool area, I heard  a vaguely familiar husky voice from behind me.

“Hi there. You’re Kyla right? I’m so sorry to startle you, but you just looked so hot there with your back bent over the water, I didn’t want to miss the moment.” Matt’s voice was so distinct, I can recognize it that easily.

A sly grin crept on his face.

Was he flirting? Gosh. For someone who claims that I’m not cute, he’s such a big liar.

My attention was directed at a butterfly flying from one flower to another while he talked. I really didn’t want to stare in his eyes.

Those warm hazelnut eyes were so hard to resist, once you start looking, you cannot take your eyes off of them.

What did he really need? The cheeky dork.

“Oh my. We’re at a loss for words now, aren’t we?” he added with laughter when it became obvious I didn’t want to respond to his unexpected remark.

“Actually, no. Why are we having this conversation anyway?” I blurted out with exasperation.

“Why don’t you just go ahead and say what you need to say and get the hell out of my face?”

A blush quickly creeping in my cheeks. I was now so sure I look like a tomato with a body. With both my hand balling up in front of my chest, ready to punch the living daylights out of him.

“Hey girl. Chill! I was just hoping we can have a bite to eat at one of the hottest spots here in the area. I’m figuring since you’re stressed from your job, I can at least offer a way for your relaxation.” His arms flung out like he had no care in the world. Or that my stomach was suddenly filled with imaginary-butterflies.

Holy cow. He did not just do that.

As I was preparing myself to answer his invitation, he suddenly grabbed me by the arms. He looked me straight in the eyes and asked again, with a shaky breath, “So, will you take me up on my offer?”

So, technically, if you put his hypnotic eyes and hoarse voice in the equation, do I need to say more? I agreed since that was the most logical reason I have had in years.

“So, are you and my little brother dating or what?” The look on his face was so comical: I almost killed myself for not bringing my camera.

“Huh? What? Dating?” I stammered out.

“Yeah, are you kids dating or what?” He obviously wouldn’t let it go.

“He has a girlfriend! How can you say that?!?” I hadn’t meant it to look like I was guilty, but it got me so worked out. Can’t the guy feel? That I was totally warm for his form?

“Oh, I don’t know. It’s like the way he looks at you.” He couldn’t keep his gaze on me, then decided to look at the menu while fidgeting his motor keys with his left hand.

Was that a hint of jealousy I was hearing? Was he actually jealous of his brother’s attention for me? Oh please Kyla, you’re getting your brain overworked. He’s not into you.

“Hmm..” I tried to be subtle with my reply, tried to fish for clues as to his true intentions.

“Maybe he likes me, I don’t know. And frankly, I don’t care. It’s just that I like someone else and I’m just letting time decide for me before moving on for the kill, if you get what I mean?” I tried to make my voice sound throaty and seductive.

“I like someone else. Plain and simple. “

It was my turn to be embarrassed. I looked away and was about to ask him about his dating status when fortunately, the waiter came to my rescue unconsciously.