Hero in shining scales

It all happened so fast. The shouts of an intruder and then the crackle of lightning. Now, you were pinned beneath the rubble of the building the Lightning spell took down. The wood and stone holding you down was squeezing the air from your lungs painfully slow. The position you were in prevented you from wiggling free, since your arms were pressed between your stomach and the ground and rope tangled around your legs and waist.

The sound of Bandits laughing at your pathetic state made your blood boil, and you would've shouted them to Oblivion if they weren't standing so far away.

"Cowards! You are all wimps for standing so far away, why not come closer to finish me off?"

You shouted, struggling to replenish the lost air from your lungs. The bandits merely chuckled, not offended by your desperate attempt to get them closer.

"Then we would be fools to stand near you, we know you are Dragonborn."

"What should we do with her boss?"

Everyone looked to a male Bandit, who was much taller and stronger than the others. His hair was black and thin, barely an inch long, and three noticeable claw marks stood out from the left side of his skull. His right socket had a fake silver eye in it, while his left was a real brown eye. He wore heavy leather armor, with the skin of a wolf as a cape for decor. A massive Ebony greatsword was dragged by his left hand, it's blade splashed with crusty dried blood.

"Strip her bare and strike her 70 times in the back with the mammoth skin whip, then bring her immediately to my hut. There, I will ravish her until she faints from pain and I will tear her in two using my bare hands."

The Bandits laughed around him, pleased with their master's brutal words. Sucking in whatever air you had, you shouted.

"Odahviing!"

*crack*

The sky flashed white and the atmosphere was a hazy red. A loud roar echoed in the distance. The Bandit leader shot you a pissed look. Lifting his greatsword from the ground he charged at you.

"You bitch!"

A crimson colored dragon landed on him before he got near you, crushing him easily under its heavy weight.

You smiled. Your dragon was here!

Odahviing glanced at you quickly, seeing your vulnerable state he grew enraged and thirsty for Bandit blood. Craning his neck to glare at the villains behind him, the mighty red dragon crushed several of them with a single swipe of his tail.

(Author's note: This is based off of a mod I actually installed for Odahviing's combat script. It basically made him 10 times stronger than the vanilla version of his combat, so he literally killed several Bandits with a tail swipe in my gameplay!!)

You simply watched the whole scene before you. Every crunch of bones, splash of blood, flinging of bodies and limbs. An archer shot an arrow in a weak attempt to blind Odahviing. It grazed his cheek, causing him to roar more in surprise than pain. His eyes seemed to glow green from his anger as he arced his head downward and opened his mouth. He bit down on the Bandit archer, taking almost his whole body into his jaws. The man's legs stuck out in between the male dragon's front canines. Shaking his head fiercely, Odahviing flung his head to the side and let the man's body fly off. Raising up onto his hind legs, Odahviing stretched his wings out completely and threw his head back, roaring victoriously into the sky. The moment ended quickly when you coughed, the weight of the rubble on you pressing down once again. Your loyal dragon quickly scurried over, cooing softly at you in an attempt to comfort the pain. Easily, with a brush of his snout he lifted the wood and stone off of you. Sitting up and gasping for air, you hugged his muzzle.

"Thank you, Odahviing."

You whispered, nuzzling into his warm scales. Odahviing growled happily, gently pressing back.

"I have sworn myself to protect you Dovakin, and I will risk my life to save yours."

(Alrighty! I hope that was good! I don't see a lot of Odahviing X reader on the Internet, and since he's one of my favorite characters from Skyrim I thought I would make a cute story of him protecting his friend. I plan on making more of these for him, maybe even an X Dragon Reader one!)