Odahviing x Dragon! Reader pt.2

Odahviing growled in agony as he limped as quickly as he could to the safety of his cave. Pain coursed from his injured wing, and he tried his best to awkwardly crawl without putting pressure on it. He could hear the sound of his attackers rushing after him, the leaves covering the forest floor crunching under their mighty footsteps.

"I must protect (Name)!"

Odahviing thought out loud. Determined to reach you, he summoned whatever strength he had left to surge forward. Finally, the cave was in sight. Rushing inside, the male dragon limped through the tunnel and into the depths of the cave.

"(Name)?"

Odahviing whisper-shouted, scanning the cavern anxiously for your (scale color) pelt. His stomach tightened and flipped when he didn't see you. Was he too late? A flash of (scale color) caught his keen eye, and the red male limped over. His mind went blank at the sight of your still body, laying peacefully on your side and your lungs breathing no more. Your beautiful eyes were closed, never to open again.

"No... Please... Not my mate!"

Odahviing begged to the hushed silence, his head bowed down in sorrow as he sat by your body.

A sudden growl echoed through the cave, and Odahviing turned to see three pairs of glowing white eyes in the darkness. Growling, Odahviing turned and stood protectively in front of your dead form. Ignoring the pain in his wing, he stood his ground.

"Back down now or you'll regret setting foot in this cave!"

He hissed menacingly.

The eyes grew closer.

"You leave me no choice!"

The red dragon reared up on his hind legs, spreading his non injured wing out to appear larger. Raising his head, he patted his jaws to reveal sharp rows of teeth. Sucking in a mighty breath, a glow of Amber came from within his throat. Heat pooled in his insides as he prepared to blast these beasts with fire. The glowing grew brighter as the fire gained more power, and just as he was about to release the burning flames one of the vicious killers lunged forward. Hitting his chest, Odahviing coughed on the heat inside him. Smoke puffed out of his mouth and nostrils as he swallowed the flames. The force of the hit made him stagger and choke on the fire. The other two came forth as well and pummeled his stomach with their bodies. Odahviing fell backwards, hitting the cave floor with a heavy *thump*! Odahviing roared out as the three monsters jumped around on top of him, this was the end wasn't it?

"OHHHHHH they got me!!"

Odahviing cried out.

"Ha ha ha ha!!!"

Giggles erupted from the three little dragons on top of him. Odahviing raised his 'injured' wing dramatically to his head, shielding his eyes as he cried out.

"I am not ready to die, I want to live!"

"No! You shall die from tickles!"

Little blunt claws scraped at his sides, sending the large dragon into a fit of laughter.

"I cannot escape, they are too strong! (Name), my love, our children have gone insane with the need to tickle me!"

"I will meet you in Sovenguard my love!"

You whispered in an angelic voice, mimicking the sound of a spirit speaking to their loved ones from Sovenguard. You were now propped up on your wings, watching the hilarious act before you. It was a struggle to play dead, you wanted to burst into laughter at Odahviing's acting.

"(Name)?! Is that you!? I can hear your beautiful voice already! Oh, your voice soothes me of all the pain I have just experienced."

Despite this being an act, you couldn't help but feel heat on your cheeks. Your (scale color) scales hiding the growing blush on your skin. Suddenly, Odahviing's body went limp. He exhaled dramatically, acting like he was dead. The kids stopped tickling their father and stared at his closed eyes.

"Daddy, you're not really dead!"

One of them nudged his chin. You chuckled silently, you knew he wasn't dead. The babies, however, weren't so sure. The aura of anxiety lifted from them, and they nervously prodded the red dragon for movement. Suddenly, Odahviing lifted his head and let out a gentle grunt, successfully startling his young.

"Daaaad!"

The young dragons groaned, glaring at their playful father. He only chuckled, and lovingly nuzzled his offspring.

"You all will be great fighters one day."

He cooed, rubbing snouts with the smaller dragons. They purred from the affection, nuzzling him back. You got up, your body stiff from laying down for so long. Approaching your small family, you joined the love. Curling yourself around your babies, you sheltered them with your tail and wings. Odahviing curled his larger body around you, protecting you with his large wings. The babies quickly went to sleep, exhausted from the practice fighting. You and your mate watched your little ones rest. Odahviing nuzzled you with his head, occasionally licking your cheek and neck.

"I love you~"

He purred playfully. You giggled, licking his nose lovingly.

"I love you too!"

Odahviing smiled a dragon grin, his eyes half lidded as he gazed at you affectionately.

"Hey Odahviing?"

You whispered.

"Yes my love?"

You snuggled closer to him, burying your face into his neck.

"I will love you forever and ever, for you are the one who makes my soul strong and happy. I love you with every fiber within me, I have faith in you when you go hunting for me. You are strong, loving, and loyal. You are my first for everything and you are my last. We will be together until the stars themselves pass away."

Odahviing was silent, and you began to worry you said too much. Suddenly, he pressed his muzzle to yours, licking your snout sweetly.

"I will defend you with my life. I would fight Alduin himself if it meant saving your life. I think of you when I hunt or defend our territory. I think about how lucky I am to have such a wonderful, talented mate. I am glad that of all the females in Skyrim, I found you. I am the luckiest male in the universe."