Odahviing x Blind Poor Reader

The cold Skyrim wind made your skin freeze, but the tears running down your face felt hot. Sadness, fear, and even anger overwhelmed your systems. A group of bullies had once again stolen your only meal, adding in a few rude words about your condition. No one helped you, no one wanted to help the poor (hair color) haired woman. So, you ran off. You had memorized the paths in Windhelm and used them to escape. You rushed past the horse stables outside the gates, startling the horses and making them rear up and cry in surprise. The stable owner cursed several times, but you ignored. After a good four hours of running, your adrenaline ran out and you collapsed in exhaustion. It amazed you how little you stumbled or tripped along the way, but you did not know where you were. That's where the fear came in. The anger of being blind and being bullied gave you the adrenaline to get here, in the middle of the icy mountains. You wore a simple rough skin shirt and thin elk skin pants, and foot wrappings. The only other clothing you had was a decent blanket, it was usually enough to keep warm in the streets but now it was nothing. The shivering in your body soon faded away as you felt numb all over. In a matter of minutes of trying to hide from the cold, the darkness in your sight slowly changed to a grayish white before you passed out and faded into blackness.

"Wake up."

"Wake up."

A gentle nudge came to your cheek, a warmth that you never felt before making you open your eyes. Though you still saw black through your gray eyes, a light crackling noise caught your ear. The warmth of a fire welcomed you, and made you feel at peace. Remembering the voice that awoke you, you whispered.

"Where am I?"

The voice replied, it was deep and masculine.

"The mountains north of Whiterun, I found you near Windhelm freezing."

"Oh... Thank you."

Your rescuer was silent.

"Do not thank me."

Taken aback, you scooted backwards just a bit.

"Why is that?"

Silence once again, before a light growl echoed in the cave.

"Are you blind?"

He asked.

You nodded in agreement, too anxious to speak.

"So that's why you didn't make a fire when I found you.. Or why you haven't run off screaming."

Now you were terrified, but also curious. What was this male?

"W-what are you?"

The question was awkward, but in this moment it felt right.

"Promise not to scream?"

His voice was a whisper and shaky, he was nervous. You nodded, not knowing what else to do. If you ran, this male might kill you or do something bad.

"Reach out your hand."

Now this was really confusing. You did so, and after a few seconds of nothing, a smooth surface touched your palm and fingers. You flinched slightly, he was not human. He did not have skin, no, it was too smooth. But yet, it was warm and not cold. Not like the scales of a slaughterfish. Sliding your fingertips along the smooth surface, you met a different touch. It was a bit rougher, but still smooth. It curved downward, and you followed. Your hand met the tip, it was sharp and pricked your finger just a small bit. You gasped, but held in the scream forming in your throat. You promised not to scream. The stories you had heard from elder beggars and even guards, the ones about massive beasts called dragons. Their scales thick like iron armor but smooth as a newborns flesh. Fire would spew from their mouths like water from a waterfall. It's horns and teeth.. The size of swords that pierce through anything.

"You're a dragon?"

"Yes.. My name is Odahviing."