Chapter Seven.

The last bell of school couldn't have come quicker enough! It was my last day there for good, but considering I had messed up my friendships within the space of one evening, I didn't stick around to say goodbye to anyone, not even Daniel. He had practically ignored me ever since that evening, so why give him the satisfaction of him thinking I'm interested in keeping in touch with him? Because I most definitely did not care if I saw any of them ever again. They never were true friends to me, I just managed to get myself into the wrong crowd and I now regretted it as I was now alone with no friends to say goodbye to.

I grabbed all of my things out of my locker, throwing everything into my backpack and then taking one last look to make sure I had gathered everything. My locker looked so bare now, it was almost as if no one had used it in the first place. I closed it slowly and then threw my bag over mg shoulder and walked towards the schools gates, finally ready to leave it all behind me.

As I arrived at home, I noticed an unfamiliar bus in the driveway, my stomach started to turn as I realised it was the editors from Kerrang who were now here to collect me for the trip I had won.
I opened the front door slowly and headed inside, I was greeted by everyone happily and then my mother spoke up.
"Amanda, these are the editors from Kerrang and they tell me you won a trip to America for Warped Tour? Is this right?" She asked me. I sighed mentally as I realised I hadn't mentioned any of this to my mother as I didn't think I would win to begin with.
"Yeah...it's true." I told her shyly.
She smiled at me, "that's amazing! Well done darling!" She cried as she pulled me into a hug, I cringed internally as I realised the editors were still here watching my mother engulf me.
"Mum..." I stated, hoping she would get the hint to stop this PDA.
I felt her arms loosen around me and I then turned to face the editors.

"So, Amanda." A tall man spoke up. He had dark brown hair which was cut short and his face was accompanied with a very overgrown beard. He had tattoos going all down his right arm and a few that I could see peering out from the neckline of his shirt.
"My name is Brian and I am the owner and leader of this contest you have entered. I just wanted to clarify that we will leave for Warped Tour today and we hope to arrive in Orlando the day before the tour starts. This will give you time to prepare for the tour and also some time to explore Orlando if you wish to. We are going to be staying on a tour bus of some sort which provides 8 beds, 7 for the crew and I and then the eighth bed being for you. Your bed will be in the guest lounge part of the bus so you will have complete privacy. We have a small shower on board and a working toilet. We also have a small kitchen area with a microwave, fridge, a small stove and a coffee maker. We will have a TV and all the necessities you could need so no need to worry. We have gone out to hire the best bus we could find for your comfort."

I smiled at him and nodded, "that all sounds amazing!"
The rest of the editors smiled and agreed with Brian, this was probably the first time they had heard about where we were going to be staying, their reactions definitely proved that fact.
"We aim to leave here by 6pm, you have three hours to pack and say your goodbyes." Brian smiled, I nodded at him before racing upstairs to pack my things. I was so excited. Actually, excited was an understatement at this point but I couldn't think of a better word to describe how I was feeling.
I just couldn't wait.