Chapter 6- 'I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD'

Nico's Pov

I turned my head slowly to see and slightly red old man.

Whoops, shouldn't have made him chase me all the way to the dungeons. Al started to advance to me and I quickly on instinct of being near a friend, hid behind Sev.

"Don't come any closer Al or I'll blast you to bits and you can meet your friend, Gandaulf in Tartarus."

"Language!" Dumbledore exclaims looking around.

Being me, I remembered that we were in a class full of children and they were listening keenly to our weird conversation.

"What are you all looking at?" Sev snarled maliciously.

I've never heard him speak like that, and believe me, I was shocked. "Turn to page 394 and attempt, knowing of your ability, most of you will fail, the potion on that page. At the end we shall test it on," he looked around the class as he looked for a target. "Mr Weasley's rat, any objections?" The boy with red hair almost stood up, with a look of disbelief on his face, so that's Ron Weasley I guess.

A young lady with bushy hair and slightly red cheeks, pulled him back into his seat, before he was seen my Sev. "Get started, no mischief or there shall be severe punishments for the students whe struggle to follow these rules."
A few seconds later, he waved his wand toward the chall board and rules appeared.

1. Boil the frog spawn
2. Chop the goat liver
3. Add 3 1/2 toad stools
4. Mix- twice clockwise, thrice anti-clockwise.
5. Boil altogether
6. Get ready for inspection

"As I said before use the book to learn more about what this potion does and what happens if it goes wrong. It should turn into a mint green colour. Brief instructions are on the board." Sev told the wizards and witches.

As most of the student we to work. Dumbledore gestured for us to come outside and speak.

"Nico, what you did was out of order and Severus do you really have to test the children's potions on poor students pets. It is really unnecessary." Poor Mr. Weasley and his newly bought pet rat too, Dumbledore thought.

"Yes, it is necessary, I need to teach these insolent children that they can't mess around in my class. And Mr. Weasley and his friends have broken mine and the school rules many times. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful for them saving the school, but here at Hogwarts they are students, just like the rest and will get treated like the rest."

"Just don't be too hard." Dumbledore said.

"Anyway, back to me, SEV I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD. You must explain everything. I searched for you high and low." Nico shouted.

"Nico, I came to teach here because being a child of Hades and an Instructor was quite hard. Also I owed Dumbledore a favour and I liked it here. I couldn't tell you where I was because you would travel frequently and you would attract the attention of the monsters. And why would I accidentally unleash the wrath of the monsters of these weak, unsuspecting, half muggles?" Sev explained.

"True, but Severus, was it really needed for you to wipe yourself off of your kinds map. I know it was needed but was it really necessary not for you to let at least Nico know?".

Without answering Sev made his way back into his class, knowing that Dumbledore was right.

Al bid his farewells and returned back to his office. I followed Sev back into his class and sat at his desk. I didn't know what to do, and I was really bored, so I started shifting through his draws. I found random stuff, like a jar of eyes or this thing covered in black goo. I touched it by accident and realised how disgusting it was and stopped so I wouldn't come across anything else like this.

I was just about to shut the drawer when I saw a scroll thing, covered in red silk and it had a gold ribbon around it. If I'm not mistaken, correct my if I'm wrong, but are those not the Slytherin colour.

I heard footsteps so I quickly shut the drawer and opened a shadow portal in my pocket and put my hand in my pocket innocently, then I snagged the scroll and closed the portal.

I walked to Severus, who was currently helping some Slytherin students.

I tapped him on the shoulder and told him I was leaving and I would see him at dinner.

As soon as I uttered those words I realised that the person that was always missed was Sev, from the teacher's table of course.

I speed quickly from the room and made a mental note to ask why he hadn't shown up for the past days I had been there, but alas, I would probably forget anyway.

As I made my way up the stairs, there were a bunch of girls giggling, I thought nothing of it because these girls are always giggling. They weren't even in Gryffindor house so it wouldn't add up if they were going the same way because the dormitory is in an dead end corridor.

I turned around to confront them. I was just a few paintings away from The Fat Lady. I saw many other different paintings going into others to keep up with me.

"Can I help you?" I asked. Not expecting an answer, but they all screamed and ran off. What weird children.

I made my way through The Fat Lady's painting. Not shadow travelling because it was about time people we coming back to drop for their things. It definitely wouldn't make sense how I got in without going though the portrait. They would probably accuse me of being an Eater of Thanatos. These crazy people are starting to get to me.

----

VOTE
COMMENT
ENJOY

(edited)