Chapter 10- Into the woods

(A/N: Thanks for 3K:)

Hermione's Pov

We had left the castle just before dinner started. Even though I was not looking forward to eating Hagrid's rock cakes, and his giant buckets, that he calls mugs, for tea.

No matter how much I disliked certain things from Hagrid's lifestyle, I couldn't really hate the poor guy.

No one realises, but Hagrid pretty much saved the world. If he didn't save Harry right after his parents deaths and take him to the Dursley's, Harry wouldn't have been here to save us from Voldemort. He could've dropped Harry somewhere else or decided his fate. So he did basically save the world, second-handedly.

"Mione?".

"Hogwarts to Hermione!".

I was abruptly, if not rudely, pulled out of my thoughts.

"Yes." I replied, irritably.

"Nothing." Ron and Harry said at the same time, laughing and hi-fiving, making the cloak shift towards them.

We were underneath the invisiblity cloak, we had to crouch as there were three of us and, we are not as small as we used to be in First Year. I could feel the wind brushing at my ankles as we made out way down to Hagrid's hut.

We decided to walk around to the back door, so we could take of the cloak quicker and not be spotted. The complication was that we had to be careful not to step on Hagrid's pumpkins.

Harry knocked on the large door, three times and seconds later, we were greeted with a half giant with a scruffy beard, dressed similarly like Shrek the Ogre, with crumbs in his beard. More commonly known as Hagrid. The BFhG. (Big Friendly half Giant).

He opened the door wide enough for us to fit through and we sat on his sofa, where we usually sit.

"Yer shouldn't be here at this time o' nigh'. It's dangerous, don' ya know tha'?" Hagrid said.

"We do, but we wanted to catch up with you, we haven't see you in ages." Harry stood up to hug Hagrid. His arms weren't even close to wrapping around the circumference of Hagrid's large torso.

"Yes, alright, that's enough Harry."

Harry sat down again, between Ron and I. I realised that Ron was transfixed on Fang, Hagrid's dog. We wasn't barking, he was slobbering all over Ron's lap. Although, Ron didn't have the heart to say anything.

"Hagrid, how have you been?" I asked.

"Actually, I've been great. Me and Madame Maxime are dating now, great, isn't it?". He asked rhetorically, smiling into space.

We all smiled. Hagrid went to get some mugs for the tea that was almost done.

At the sound of the kettle whistling, Fang jumped awake and started barking. Before Hagrid could bring out his rock cakes and pour the tea into the buckets, he told us it was probably time to leave.

"You should go, it's Fang's eating time and it gets a bit messy, it's quite dark out and I think there's something lurking in the forest- I should'nt of said that."

What did Hagrid not want us to know?

Hagrid apologised profusely, for cutting our meeting short. We bade our goodbyes and left shortly.

"I think we should check out the forest." Harry piped up once we were outside.

"Yes, I agree with Harry. We shouldn't just brush it off, it may be serious." I agreed.

"Nope, I don't think we should go. Let's tell Dumbledore. Maybe he already knows, he is Dumbledore after all. I don't fancy seeing those spiders anytime soon. I think they're still rogue since Aragog is dead." Ron rambled.

"Look! I think that's Professor Di Angelo, what's he doing going into the forest at this time." Harry pointed out.

"Maybe he's a death eater." Ron whimpered.

"Not everyone is a death eater, Ron. Besides, Voldermort is dead, what are they going to be doing without their leader?"

"Let's follow him." Harry whispered.

We pulled on the cloak and walk a few meters behind.

The wind was heavy, blowing the cloak to and fro. We were holding onto it tightly, incase it blew away.

Before we could react, the cloak was pulled from our bodies. It fell to the ground and a clanging sound signalled that metal fell with it.

"You could've hurt us, with that sword, you know." Ron shouted.

"Something else more fatal could've hurt you. What are you doing out at this time of night?". Professor Di Angelo asked.

We didn't answer, we didn't want to get Hagrid in trouble.

"30 points Gryffindor, I don't care that you're in my house. I cannot leave you out here, so accompany me into the forest. Wands at the ready," Professor said. He then spotted the cloak in Ron's hand. "Pass me the cloak too. That will be consficated and you will have detentions until you tell me what you are doing out at this time of night."

Harry and Ron was about to blow a fuse, he didn't say anything because I pinched him behind Ron, so that Professor hawk-like eyes did not see.

Professor Di Angelo walk ahead of us with a lamp, while we muttered the spell 'Lumos Maxima' so we could see the trees ahead. Instead of 'Lumos' which we would only be able to see as far as our arms stretched out, in front of us.

There were huge spider webs hanging down from the trees, the broken webs were hanging in our faces, it was irritating like hairs that fall into your face.

"If you try to run, Dumbledore will hear about your nightly strolls." Professor said, scaring me and effectively making me bump into him.

I feel to the floor in a scrambling mess, trying to get up. The embarrassment was overwhelming, it didn't help that Ron and Harry were muffling their laughter.

I got up, dusting me self off. I looked up and there was a horse torso and a human chest in my face. I didn't have to think about what it was, it was quite easy to decipher what creature it was.

Although, I wasn't sure whether they were a one friendly or not.

-----

VOTE
COMMENT
ENJOY

(edited)