Chapter 12- Near Truth

(A/N: Thanks so much for 5k, before you know it, we'll be at 10k with 5 more chapters written and published.)

Harry's Pov

For the next few days Ron and I had hardly seen Hermione. She had holed herself up in the library. Presumably with tall towers and stacks of books surrounding her.

Professor Di Angelo hadn't showed up to his classes for the past week, and they had placed a cover teacher from the Ministry of Magic. The teacher was absolute bull, even I could've done better. However, anything was better than Dolores Jane Umbridge.

When I got to Gryffindor tower after lesson, I only just caught a glimpse of Professor Di Angelo retreating into his room.

Before he fully shut his door, I bound up the stairs and slipped through the closing gap.

"Harry! What are you doing here? Get out at once."

"No Sir, not until you tell me what happened on the pitch in the middle of a Quidditch game." I fired back.

Nico's Pov

"Harry, listen. I can't tell you, although you can figure it out yourself. You're a smart kid, you also have Ms. Granger and the ginger kid. When you find out, come to me and I'll tell you why I'm here and more about me. Although, it is absolutely crucial to keep this a secret, until Dumbledore thinks it's necessary to tell the school."

"Okay, sir. Rest assured I will find out." Harry replied, shortly he left my room.

I flopped onto my bed, thinking to myself if what I did what right.

Something at the back of my mind was nagging me. Why where the monsters here? Why did they attack for no apparent reason? Where were the magical creatures fighting with greek monsters?

I need to get to Dumbledore, now.

I stood up and opened the door, Hermione was on the floor, and I knew why, she was eavesdropping.

"Return back to your dorm, Ms Granger, I'll deal with you later, I might just take away some points from Gryffindor if you are not careful where you are sticking your nose, young lady."

Hermione scrambled to her feet, red cheeked, and ran for her dorm.

I quickly locked my door, it wouldn't open anyway, without my permission or me being in it already the room wouldn't allow it. I exited through the portrait and made my way to the gargoyles outside Dumbledore's office and shadow travelled the short distance to his office, decorated with pictures and instruments.

Dumbledore sat at his desk, a sat in the chair opposite his and cleared my throat to grab his attention from this paper work.

"Nico! To what do I owe the pleasure, is there a problem, a pressing matter?"

"Al, I need you to tell me about the war before I came."

"Ah, yes! The battle of hogwarts?".

"Yeah, that one."

"Okay, the main opponent was Voldemort, a very powerful, but evil, wizard and his followers, called death eaters, who is intent on taking over the Wizarding world. However, Harry Potter has been thwarting his plans ever since he has been a mere baby. Why do you ask?".

"I think that he is back, with people or more a God. The attack on the Quidditch pitch was not at all just creatures from your world. Technically, Hecate, created you all, so I am actually a superior being here. That's not the point. The point is, I think this Voldy guy is back and with Gaia a greek goddess."

"I see, well we must warn the school at once, at dinner."

As dinner wasn't for another two hours, I returned to my bedroom and sat on my bed, twirling my sword between my fingers. The ceiling kept changing colours, it had the illusion of the great hall, however the ceiling depended on my mood or how I felt. For example, extremely happy would be sunny and clear skies, you could only image how sadness would be verses anger, there wasn't much difference, however you would notice the changes.

My thoughts drifted to who was going to figure out my little, well not so little, secret. Would it be smart, Ms Nosey or would it unsurprisingly be Mr Chosen one?

I headed down to dinner later than I had planned, after all, I had been lost in my thoughts.

For the second time, I accidentally dramatically slammed open the doors and caught the attention of the whole population of Hogwarts.

I didn't realise that the attention wasn't on my, it was on Hermione Granger holding a book and in the middle of a sentence.

Hermione's Pov

I had finally figured out what Professor Di Angelo and his friends were, after the battle they had returned home to tell the news to their camp.

I sprinted to the great hall and slammed the doors open.

"THEY'RE DEMI-."

I didn't finish my sentence because behind me the doors slammed open to reveal a very unsuspecting Professor Di Angelo.

I slowly backed away then fully sprinted to my seat between Harry and Ron.

"Blimey, Hermione. What was that all about?" Ron enquired.

"Yeah, you've got a lot of explaining to do, you haven't spoken to us in ages and all of a sudden you're making grand unauthorised announcements!" Harry added.

Hermione blushed, realising the attention of the hall was split, half on her and half on Professor Di Angelo; currently walking confidently to his seat and the Professors table.

"I'll explain later. Just drop it for now, too many prying ears." I hastily said, before digging into my supper.

-----

VOTE
COMMENT
ENJOY

(not edited)