3.

;;;;

"you are so bad at making excuses," nari commented.

haejin blew her bangs away and sighed. "you think i don't know that?"

"then why didn't you just say no?"

"well, i thought she was offering to give me the tickets to watch it with someone but she said to watch it with her," haejin gulped down her third yogurt milk. "me and her..well, we aren't that close."

"she wants to be close though," yohan muttered. "don't you notice?"

haejin was too dense to even noticed that the girl had some feelings for the girl. nari and yohan had observed this and oftened reminded the girl about sooji's actions but didn't say what sooji actually felt.

"uh, i prefer not to actually," she shook her head. "have you seen her, like, what she does for her spare time?"

of course her friends knew. whenever they would come early in the clubroom, sooji would be there, holding binoculars up to her eyes abd peek through the window while giggling.

"yeah," nari reluctantly nodded with a frown. "yeah."

+++++

"come on, haejin," yohan jerked his head sideways. "time to go."

"right," haejin placed the last notebook in her bag and turned to nari. "you coming?"

"nope," she said, popping the 'p' with a grin. " i'm busy. why, you curioㅡ"

"not really, bye." haejin dragged yohan out without hesitation.

+++++

"you're eating again?"

haejin ignored her and continued on eating her meat buns despite yohan giving her a strange look.

"get used to it already," haejin said. "we've been friends for like, what, six years and you're still not over me being a glutton?"

"i'm actually more surprised over the fact that you managed to maintain your weight," yohan chuckled.

haejin grinned proudly. "i'm athletic too, you know."

haejin was despite her being a glutton. she used to be a part of the track team before quitting and joining the badminton team instead which was less tedious than having to run around.

"you playing?" yohan asked as he dropped his bag on the bench.

"i'll think about it." she shrugged and sat down, watching the people run around and yell.

"uh-huh," yohan grabbed a red scrimmage vest before running up to the field, approaching a black haired boy with a blue vest on.

"hyung," yohan called out, making the latter turn around. "she's here."

his eyes widened in mild surprise. "is she?" he looked behind yohan to see haejin chomping off a cob of corn while scrolling down her phone.

"does she," jimin couldn't help but laugh slightly. "does she usually, you know, eat a lot?"

"everyday." yohan sighed in amusement.

jimin chuckled before patting the younger one," thanks." he walked up to haejin who was oblivious to her surroundings.

he leaned on the pole before speaking," how's the cob?"

"pretty great," she replied, not looking up. "hope i had some cheese though."

jimin bit back a laugh before continuing, "we could grab some cob with cheese after practice."

"is this your way of apologizing?" haejin looked up to him before chuckling. jimin shrugged, his lips curved upwards.

"maybe."

"then maybe i'll take you up on that corny apology." haejin leaned back, pretending to be smooth but jimin saw how she winced for a second, probably from how cheesy her line was.

"don't leave then!" jimin laughed as he slowly jogged back to the field.