epilogue | part one.

honestly, who knew i'd write an extra chapter lmao but i can't just leave it like that, you know? when things are getting a bit more good ;) so as the real finale, i'm making this one last chapter to properly end the book.
there will be two parts to this so i'm really hoping you guys would enjoy it.

/this is based off the clip i found on insta/

authors note, 2017.

;;;;

"so, tomorrow's the track meet."

nari leaned on the table, blinking with a hopeful look as she smiled innocently, earning a look from yohan. haejin, who didn't know what she was trying to get at, looked up at her with confusion while chomping down on the chicken.

"yeah, and..?"

the latter pouted in disappointment. "what the-! oh, come on. don't tell me jimin didn't tell you that he's running in it! he's basically representing his class!"

"he did, but i don't know what's the big deal," haejin shrugged. "i mean, good for him, i guess?"

with a facepalm, nari mumbled. "uncultured swine. jimin's never getting any action for as long as they date."

"what she's trying to say is that you should go cheer for jimin hyung," yohan cuts in. "since you're hyung's girlfriend now, you should go and support him."

"exactly what i'm saying!" nari nodded as she grinned widely. "we can make some banners, a lunch and a chant for him. wouldn't that be nice, huh?" she cooed, nudging the girl.

"are you saying i should be a traitor for the team?" she feigned a distraught look. "we're supposed to be cheering for yohan, not jimin."

seeing the exasperated look on her friend's face, haejin chuckled and nodded. "yeah, yeah, i got it. i'll cheer for him, but no banners. that's too far."

"fine, i'll let that pass," the latter pouted. "no lunch?"

"stop pestering them, jesus," yohan groaned. "are you the one dating hyung? i think not."

seeing the salty look on his face, nari crouched down and whispered to haejin, "what's up with him?"

"someone probably pissed in his cereal, who knows." she shrugged.

+++++

d-day.

under the scorching heat, haejin couldn't help but carry a bag filled with popsicles and ice packs. it was crowded, warm, and unbearably bright. she paid no mind and immediately went to the sidelines where both her friends had been sitting around.

as she approached, yohan waved a hand over at her. "oh, haejin. what took you so lon- what's in there?"

sitting down beside them, she raised the bag and said, "ice cream? do you guys want one?" haejin pulled out one but was turned down, earning a shake of heads from her friends.

"anyways, did you bring the stuff?" nari excitedly queried.

the latter nodded, elbowing her backpack. "yeah, i got it in the bag. have you seen him anywhere? i've been texting him all morning but he's not replyingㅡ"