6

We get home and we're soaked in rain. Laurens walks through the door and immediately collapses on the bed, drenching the pillows and blankets in his path of watery destruction. I, still a little on edge from the storm, sit down next to him on the bed, shuddering. We sit there for a moment, warming up and drying off. Suddenly, a moment of panic ensues as a white rectangular object lands across my head. I fight whatever just struck me, only to find out Laurens just hit me with a pillow.
"Arghh I hate you!!!" I say jokingly. I pick up a pillow of my own, swinging it blindly in his direction. He laughs.
"Is that all you've got?" He chuckles and takes another shot. We swing back and forth until John knocks a lamp off the table and we scramble to put it out. We re-collapse on the bed laughing at what little kids we were acting like.
"That was fun, Alex." He sighs. "I wish we could do that every day." He's right. This was wonderful. I turn over to face him.
"Who says we can't?" He turns to face me, our noses almost touching.
"You're right!" I can almost feel the excitement radiating off of him. "Now that we, well, live together, we can do this all the time! Isn't that just wonderful!" He flips back over onto his back, staring at the ceiling. I turn over also.
"This is pretty wonderful." I say, repeating him.
Then he grabs my hand and I almost scream in excitement. I must have jumped because he asked,
"Did I scare you again I'm so sorry Alex I-" I cut him off by grabbing his other hand and staring into his eyes.
"No, you're fine. Stay here." I manage to say as my heart races. "You're fine. You're wonderful."
He smiles back and I don't remember a trace of anything bad that's happened in my life before this moment. All my problems are solved.