9

John and I head down to a little cafe to get lunch, trying to act as straight™ as possible to avoid the stares usually shot at people like us.
"Is it working?!" A loudly whispering John says in my ear.
"I don't know. Probably. Just keep walking..." I feel like we're spies, on a secret mission to live normal human lives. I get an idea after an hour of just walking around in circles.
"John! Let's go visit the Schuylers!" I almost jump with excitement. "C'mon it'll be so fun!" He nods excitedly. We abruptly turn around and head in the direction of the luxurious house the Schuylers call home.
After walking for a little bit, I hear some sort of shout from next to me, and turn to see that Laurens had tripped over something (God knows what). I attempt to catch him, but I do have to admit, it wasn't a good idea. Being so small, all I did was compound the problem, and we both somehow landed face down in a puddle. Luckily no one was around to see.
"Hopefully Angelica has some extra clothes for us to wear." John mutters angrily.

•••••

As soon as we arrive, we see Lafayette chatting away with the sisters about who knows what. They turn to look at us, and after a couple seconds, burst into fits of laughter. Peggy collapses and falls on the floor, and Eliza is wiping tears away from her eyes. I look at John and he looks at me in confusion. Then we realize we look like wet dogs and join right in on the laughter.
"Here..." Angelica struggles to speak through her laughter, "go upstairs, first hallway on the left, fourth door down on the right." She instructs, tears leaking out of her eyes. "And if you see Hercules up there, let us know. He's gone missing in our house. We think he got lost on his way to the kitchen."
We stumble up the stairs in laughter and follow Angelica's instructions, to find an enormous walk in closet with more clothes than I think I've ever seen in my life. Laurens stood next to me with the same astonished expression .
"Woah..." He says, jaw dropping. I almost skip around the room, amazed by all the options these people have to choose from on a daily basis. John and I pick out some clothes and change, trying to keep from staring at each other awkwardly. Suddenly, I hear a rustling sound from behind us, on the other side of the room.
"Did you hear that?" John whispers loudly in my direction, taking a few steps backwards.
"It couldn't be anything scary, John, it's probably just a dress settling itself or something. I don't know how fancy girl clothes work."
"Did you... See that?" He looks horrified, but suddenly starts laughing uncontrollably.
"What-" I turn around slowly to find the man we were instructed to look for. Hercules Mulligan. Only, in my mind his image strongly resembled Angelica. It only took me a second to realize why. He stood there, stuffed into one of Angelica's dresses, his face shocked like a deer in headlights. (Yes I realize there were no cars)
"I can explain!" Hercules shouts immediately.
"Herc is that you? Sweet Jesus!" Laurens shakes his head in utter confusion. "I didn't know you liked..." He falls over laughing.
"You know acting like this has serious consequences, right?" I say, walking closer as he struggles to remove the article of clothing. He looks at me with a face of worry.
"You won't tell anybody, right? It just makes me so, well, happy. I don't wanna be arrested!" He almost starts to cry.
"Hercules would I ever do something like that to you? Of course I won't tell anybody. But you'd better change back because everyone is looking for you." He looks at me in admiration and nods, quickly changing out of Angelica's dress.
"John? You'd better not tell anyone or I'll shoot all the turtles in a 100 mile radius." He nods and puts on the expression that can only be worn by someone who loves turtles and doesn't want any harm to come to them.
"Alrighty then. Is everybody ready? Let's go!" I say loudly and we head out the door, attempting to find our way back through this maze of a house.