Chapter 14: Eye of the Tiger

AN: Assassin Harry at the top

I woke up with a jolt, sitting myself up quickly as I sputtered and wiped at the cold water that was splashed on my face, my body shivering as I looked around me in confusion only to find Assassin Harry standing at the foot of my bed, holding an empty bucket in his large hand with a straight face.

"Rise and shine. Welcome to day one of your training. Here's breakfast, you got five minutes, get ready." He demanded in a clipped tone, tossing the bucket to the floor before throwing an apple at me, my reflexes delayed due to my drowsy state making the apple bounce right off my forehead as I blinked in surprise, spazzing my arms out trying to catch it only a few moments later.

"Ouch." I mumbled, rubbing my forehead with tired eyes.

"Least it wasn't a watermelon." The Assassin growled out, his voice laced with so much hatred and venom that I snapped my gaze up to meet his intense angered green eyes before he stalked out of the room.

I furrowed my brows in confusion before I quickly changed, rushing to brush my teeth and comb my short hair, which was a lot easier now that it didn't reach my butt before checking the time.

"Five o'clock... is this dude serious right now?" I groaned out, looking at the clock with a tired sigh, retrieving the apple on my bed and rubbing it against my shirt, taking a bite as I headed out of the room.

"So you saw the whole watermelon slicing thing? Wasn't that a great idea because the chunks are like everywhere and I actually saved some as a snack for later-" I began, catching up to Assassin Harry as he stepped out of the house with a large black duffel bag on his shoulder as he chewed on his gum in annoyance before he turned to look at me.

"I saw a lot more than just watermelon slicing." He grit out with a clenched jaw as I paused and gave him a confused look.

We stared at eachother for a few moments, his green eyes filled with rage as a few moments of silence passed between us.

"Watermelon...eating...?" I asked uncertainly with a pained face.

"Did you enjoy having his tongue down your throat bambina?" He suddenly said, grabbing my chin and tilting it up so our gazes would lock as I raised my brow at him.

"Whose? Psycho Harry's? We didn't kiss though." I told him, still wondering what the hell he was going off about.

All I remember was going to Safeway in the middle of the night to get fruit with Psycho, then drawing faces on them and letting him stab them until I fell asleep on the bench.