Chapter 1

"Come on Lily, this could be fun," my brother Alex tried to convince me.

              "Yes, I call this fun," I said annoyed. Moving to a new school across the country is totally fun. Leaving all my friends to people I don't even know. Fun. Yeah right.

               "You know this is what dad needs," he whispered in my ear. I sighed deeply as I understood what he meant. A year ago my my mom died of cancer. My dad has been depressed ever since so my brother suggested that we all move into the house that's for sale next to his. My brother was having trouble paying the bills on his house and my dad needed to start working again. We were hoping we could put dad back together and to help my brother with his bills.

           So now we are at the airport on our way to Massachusetts.

          "You're right, I'm sorry," I said.

          "Good girl," my annoying brother, Cody, came up to me. He patted my head and I swatted him away.

           "Oh really. You wanna go?"

           "Sure, let's make a scene in the airport," I said rolling my eyes. He put me in a choke hold so I dug my nails into his arm. He let go and I punched him in the gut. He held his stomach for a moment then he tackled me. We wrestled on the floor until Blake picked us up.

             "Knock it off," he said firmly. He was holding Cody by the shirt and me by the waist.

             "Ok, can we go get something to eat?" I asked. He gave Cody one last glare then he put us down.

              "That's what we were going to do before you guys decided to wrestle each other."

              "Sorry, but we can go now." My dad was sitting with our luggage at the terminal while the rest of us went to buy food and snacks. We were going to be on a flight for 14 hours. They had decided not to give us a meal because we were traveling at night so we were buying some snacks.

            It was 4:00pm and our flight didn't board for another hour. It was really boring just sitting around and being bored while I'm also super hungry. We didn't have time for lunch and all I had was a donut this morning.

           "You are stuck between Alex and I," Jake said coming up to me.

            "Fine by me, it's better than Blake and Cody." I would get no sleep if I was in between them. They're usually the ones that fight about everything. Even the weather sometimes. With Alex and Jake, I could snuggle up on them and they would let me sleep on them. I'm planning on staying up all night even though I know Alex will crush that idea.

           "Oh my gosh, I can smell the food court." My stomach growled and I laughed it off.

           "It's a magical place filled all types of food," Jake said in a dreamy tone. He was mocking me so I punched him in the arm.

            "Man, when did the little baby get so tough?"

            "Don't forget this 'little baby' is older than you," I said making quote signs with my fingers when I said little baby. He rolled his eyes then he reached over and tickled my side.

           "Don't you start or I will kill you," I said in a dangerous tone. He laughed then tickled me again. I gave in for a minute before I realized what he was doing so I kicked him where the sun don't shine. He fell back and I got on top of him.

           "I said don't," I said jabbing my finger in his chest each word I said.

           "I know you won't hurt me, princess," he laughed then flipped me over so he was on top.

           "I might not but the bull might." He didn't realize what I said before I screamed and then Blake tackled Jake. Alex picked me up by the waist then threw me over his shoulder. I grabbed the back of his shirt in my fist while the blood rushed to my head.

           "You just can't stay out of trouble, can you?" He said as he put me down on a chair.

           "Who do you think I am?"

           "My annoying little sister."

           "What did you say?"

           "I said my annoying little sister." If he was one of my other brothers we would be wrestling on the floor by now.

            "I love you too," I said playfully punching his arm. He smiled and then pulled me up out of the chair. We went to the front of the food court and order our food. Surprisingly Jake only had a small bruise on his arm.

          "You will pay for this," Jake said when he came up to me.

          "You know you love me to much to do anything to me."

           "Just watch your back. Don't forget your spending 14 hours on a plane next to me."

            "Maybe calling for help wasn't the best idea."

            "No princess, it wasn't." He always calls me princess because I'm the only one that gets my own room. He thinks I'm spoiled even though we have the same amount of things and he does more than I do.

             "If you try anything on her I'll kick your butt," Blake said coming up to us.

              "How would you know?"

             "My seat is right across the aisle from you, dimwit." Brotherly love. So sweet.

            "Order 315."

            "Move it or lose it," I said shoving through the fighting brothers.

            "Thanks hottie," I said slipping the guy, who gave me my food, a five dollar bill. He looked surprised. I winked then walked away. As soon as I got out of earshot I started laughing like crazy.

             "Not cool Lily. Not cool." A fuming Blake said as he came up behind me.

             "No, that was pretty cool."

             "Lily."

             "Can I just eat without you getting all mad at me?"

              "Can you behave for more than five seconds?"

              "Yes, I can try." He was clenching and unclenching his fist. I knew he was stressed which was making him get mad. I sat my chair next to his then I gave him a hug. He tensed up at first but then he relaxed a little.

           "This is hard for both of us but I know my brothers need you to be strong. Ever since Mark left, we've counted on you. I can understand if you're stressed but they won't and you know that. Pull it together for their sake." He nodded and hugged me back.

            "Thanks Lily. Sorry about earlier," he said.

           "It's okay. It must be hard trying to control me." He smiled.

            "You have no idea."

             "Hey," I said punching him in the arm.

             "I love you."

              "I hate you too," I said smiling. My family is kinda crazy but we love each other like crazy.