Chapter 5

I woke up to the sound of Blake snoring softly. I quietly got out of bed and I went to my room.

"Hey, Lily," my dad said before I went in my room.

"Yeah."

"Can you tell your brothers that I'll be searching for a job for the whole of the day?"

"Yes. Have fun." He rolled his eyes and I smiled at him before I went to my bedroom. I sat on my bed and thought about my dream last night. I've been dreaming about my mom a lot, and they have all been good. Even after I watched a scary movie, they were fine.

My mom always appeared in my dreams. It's normally every night, unless I'm having a nightmare. It was weird seeing her in a nightmare, especially one that she was about to kill me in.

My brothers didn't know that she filled my dreams. I guess I'll have to tell them that today.

I got off my bed and got an outfit out of my suitcase. I grabbed my brush then headed off to the bathroom that we all share. There's also one in the basement and my dad has his own.

When I got done showering and getting dressed, I went downstairs to make some bacon. None of my brothers were up yet so I enjoyed the peacefulness. But it didn't last long.

"Do I smell bacon?" Cody yelled. The next thing I know all my brothers are downstairs staring wide eyed at me. I grabbed a few pieces then answered,

"Yes." I then ducked as they attacked the food. I barely pushed out of the kill circle. I sat on the couch and ate my bacon.

"She still has bacon," Jake screeched.

"Back away," I said, giving them all a death glare. Alex and Blake let it go but Jake and Cody still challenged me.

"How about we fight for it?" Jake asked.

"Ok, you two fight over who gets this last piece of bacon," I said.

"It's on," Jake and Cody both said at the same time. They then got in a fighting stance. Cody tackled Jake easily but Jake wasn't going to give up.

I laughed then slipped into the kitchen. Blake could see my evil smirk.

"What did you do?"

"I'm letting Jake and Cody fight over the last piece of bacon," I said. I held up the piece to show him then I took a bite out of it.

"You're cruel," he said smirking.

"I learned from the best."

"I won, where's the bacon?" Cody asked. He had a cut above his lip and a bruise on his arm.

"It's still on the plate in the living room," I lied. He rushed back in there.

"I really don't want to be killed today so, will you please help me?" I asked.

"Fine, but I'm only the referee," Blake replied. I nodded then went in the living room with Blake following me.

"One, there's no plate and two, there's no bacon," Cody yelled.

"One, there was never a plate and two, I ate the last piece," I said. He glared at me then tackled me to the floor.

"Get off of me," I said shoving him. He pinned my arms above my head and I kneed his stomach. We kept wrestling and arguing on the floor until, about ten minutes later, Blake pulled us apart.

"That's enough. It was one piece of bacon, Cody. She tricked you, but so what. Go calm down and stop being a baby over a piece of bacon," Blake said. Cody nodded then ran upstairs.