ONE

ONE

Grace Evans believed in many things, supporting the many teasings that came along with being too much of a believer. She couldn't help herself, finding happiness in the littlest things, and allowing herself to believe in things that most stopped believing in by the time they hit ten years old. At seventeen years old, she still believed in love at first sight, in the knowledge of prince's that would save the day. She was often labeled as naive and foolish, yet the blonde couldn't truly find it in herself to care. It made her happy, and for now that was okay.

It was no surprise to those closest to her when she didn't send out any college applications, claiming a degree would do her no good as a stay at home mother --something she had been dreaming about for years now. As a senior in high school, she was expected to continue her education, follow in her mothers footsteps and become the town doctor everyone loved and trusted, yet once again, the blonde couldn't find it in herself to care or even try.

Dreams were her escape from reality, the blonde often seen doodling as she daydreams about the stories she's read or what her future will look like. She loved disappearing into another world entirely as scenarios played out in her mind, giving her just a sliver of freedom for the constant war in her living room. It's during these daydreams, Grace sees a perfect picture family, with four little ones smiling happily up at her before the vision is yanked away by a yell down the hall.

Grace sighs audibly as she's ripped from her daydream, her notebook full of little doodles from her time away. Her eyes dart to her closed bedroom door, the muffled yells from the other side slipping under the door crack. Faintly she could hear her parents argument, money seemed to be the biggest thing they argued about lately. As the shouting grew louder, the blonde jumped up from her desk, reaching for her school bag where she shoved her headphones last.

Slipping the ear buds into her ears, Grace quickly turned some music on drowning out the voices down the hall. She left her room a second later, slipping quietly through the hallway and out the door, not caring as it slammed shut behind her. The sky openly wept above her, her umbrella opening a moment before she stepped off the covered porch. She took off down the street slowly, music blaring loudly in her ears as she watched the rain fall. The greens and greys around her blending beautifully together captured her attention, watching the trees dance to their own beat in the wind. A bright blue bird flew across the road in front of her, the bright coloring standing out amongst the greens and greys.