FOUR

FOUR

It was an unusually warm day in LA Push, Washington, not a cloud in sight. Which resulted in most of the town being out and about to bask in the sunshine. Grace and Mia were included in that aspect, both girls laid on their backs in the sand, basking in the sun. Grace shivered slightly as a breeze came through, despite the sunshine and higher than average warmth, there was still a chill at the beach.

The beach was crowded, more unusual than most of the year. The warm days always brought everyone to the beach, even those from surrounding towns as LA Push was the closest beach in the area. Kids were screaming and yelling, playing in the sand and water as their parents watched on. Other teenagers were in the water trying to surf or laying out on the beach to get as much of a tan possible in this area.

"Hey Grace!" The blonde lifted her head from her towel, blocking the sun from her eyes as she followed the voice. Embry was jogging towards her, once again shirtless. Behind him two others followed him, although they moved at a much slower pace than Embry did.

"Hey," Grace pushed herself up fully, making sure her bikini top was on properly before standing to her feet as he approached. "What are you guys up to today?"

Embry stopped in front of her, Jared and Paul at his sides. Grace sent them both a soft smile, focusing her attention back on Embry, "just enjoying the warmth."

Grace chuckled, "you're warm most of the time." It had been two weeks since the two reconciled, although things were never going to be the same they were before. While she was so ecstatic to have him back in her life, it was nothing like before. The male rarely hung out with her anymore, mainly only speaking to her in passing through town or in the hallway between classes. Despite this, Grace could only bask in the knowledge of having him at her side once again, even if it wasn't like it was before.

"True," Embry agreed, shifting on his feet as everyone around them stared. "We are getting ready to go cliff diving."

Grace let her eyes dart to the silent boy at Embry's side, his stance serious yet his eyes watched her with a level of softness she's never seen before. Paul was the more silent of the trio. Jared often greeting the blonde and striking up and conversation while he just watched on silently.

Despite his silence, Grace couldn't deny the feeling he brought forth whenever he was present. He demanded her attention, all of it fully and without apology. He made her feel safe and comfortable, simply by being nearby, urging the girl to believe all her dreams might finally be coming true. Yet he never opened his mouth, except to snap at one of the boys beside him.