THREE

THREE

Grace was absolutely positive she was seeing things, there was no possible way Embry was actually standing in front of her willing her to speak to him after months of avoiding her. She figured she should answer him soon, his cheeks were turning slightly red as he waited for her response, yet she couldn't find it in herself to say anything so she didn't. She just stood there silently, eyes wide is disbelief with one hand holding her bag and the other holding her locker door.

"Well?" He spoke again, after what felt like years but really was just seconds. When she stayed silent once again, the boy seemed to loose his temper, something that scared her into her locker. "Why won't you talk! Just talk to me!"

In seconds others were at his side, the new members of the group he had been hanging around with for a while now. The pulled him back easily, although he fully struggled against him, "Embry!"

"Just let me explain!" He continued to shout at her, the blonde flinching from his yells. Not once can she remember Embry yelling nor can she ever remember fearing the boy, until now. She jumped when Embry snapped once again, slamming his fist onto the locker so harshly the locker was dented in, before he took off leaving the school in seconds. She watched him go, brows furrowed slightly as he raced out of the school.

"Grace?" A different boy stood in front of her, his eyes full of mischief yet a hint of kindness. She didn't know him, other than the fact that he was part of the "hall monitors on steroids" group that everyone seems to be talking about. If she remembered correctly, he was one of the first to go, gone for almost the entirety of their junior year.

Much like with Embry, she stared at him with wide eyes as well, although tears gathered in the blue orbs from the anger she witnessed only moments before. She stared at the boy across from her in brows pinched together despite he wide eyes, flinching when he reached out to touch her. He was quick to draw his hand back, glancing behind his shoulder, "Paul?"

"What?" The snap had the blonde flinching once again, eyes darting to meet the boy in question as he approached the duo. Grace froze once again, wide eyes locked with a pair of brown eyes so dark they almost appeared black. He seemed to freeze as well, his eyes staying glued to the blonde who was cowering into her locker.

"No way!" The boy in front of her drew her attention once again, his exclaim full of amusement as he glanced between the female in front of him and the male beside him. He busted out laughing a moment later, his loud chuckles filling the now empty hall way.

It took Grace only a moment to realize that the hallway was in fact empty, meaning the bell had rang only moments before. She couldn't recall when the hall emptied, but was scared to be left alone with the two boys. Looking back towards them, she realized it was only one now. The loud boy in front of her was looking at her closely, eyes darting all over her, "we won't hurt you?"