SEVEN

SEVEN

Writing out her notes from her latest reading for her project, Grace paid no attention to her surroundings. Her mind lost in the genetic variables and mutations from the book sprawled out in front of her on the library table. The topic never seized to amaze her, and she felt like no matter how much she researched there was always something new to learn.

So lost in her thoughts and the notes she was taking she didn't realize anyone had sat at the table with her until they spoke. "Go on a date with me." She jumped at his words, blue eyes darting up to meet a pair of now familiar brown ones.

He hadn't asked a question, yet she simply uttered, "what?" While staring at him in confusion, her brain struggling to shift from the topic of her paper to the question he asked.

"Go on a date with me tomorrow night," Paul wore a grin on his face, yet he twisted his fingers nervously as he stared at her intently from across the table.

She bit her lip, a smile sliding across her lips, "Are you asking me or telling me?"

"Both?"

Laughing, Grace nodded cheeks warm, "I guess I'll be able to go on a date with you tomorrow."

"You guess?" It was his turn to wear the teasing smile, eyes twinkling as they locked with hers.

"Yeah," Shrugging Grace went back to her paper. "My calender should be free."

Laughing, Paul reached forward to pluck the notebook from in front of her. He read over her notes, the smile not once leaving his face. "Why don't you take a break from your project for one morning?" Every morning she worked on her project, determined for it to be the best she had ever done as well as determined to finish it early and not stress like most students usually do.

"I just want to finish it," she responded with a shrug.

"I just wanna get to know this girl I'm crushing on."

Cheeks flaming brightly, Grace reached forward and snatched the notebook from his hand. Packing her school stuff away she settled in her chair eyes locked with his, "what do you want to know?"

Grinning, Paul reached forwards to grab her hand. He traced the lines along her fingers as he spoke, "everything."

"Basic or indepth?" She wondered, eyes watching his movements with her hand.

"Both, tell me what makes you who you are?" He traced random shapes in her palm, eyes unfocused as he listened to her speak.

She spoke softly as she spoke of herself, running through the basics about herself, family and friends before launching into tales from her childhood.