4 - People Will Change Over Two Years

This was it

This was it.

The first day of school.

Yes, that was a very clichéd line but it was how every blonde teenager would start off with in the morning after yawning, running a hand through their tangle-free hair then gracefully rolling out of bed. After that they would glance at their mirror and make a face at their... Face which had flawless makeup and they would proceed to get ready of school, leaving their house right on time with an aura of confidence stuck to them.

I was doing great up to the... Yawning part. I didn't yawn.

I roared.

Yes, I wasn't the most ladylike person in the morning. Anyway I didn't bother running a hand through my hair because I would feel knots and when I landed on the floor with a thump I just gave up right there and then.

Then I saw the time.

7:29?!

I only had an hour and thirty one minutes to get ready, get to school, get my schedule and get even a CLUE of how to not be stampeded on my first day. I climbed out of my bed, running to the bathroom. I then proceeded to brush my teeth, take a shower and brush my already wavy hair.

Afterwards I changed into the outfit I had picked out the night before. It consisted of a cropped tank top with a cute pastel design on it, a light pink skirt which was a bit short at the front and longer at the back, a blue denim jacket,   wedges and golden bracelets, earrings and a necklace. Once I was changed I applied minimal make up, only doing a winged eyeliner look, some mascara and pink lip gloss.

I then grabbed my rucksack which I'd packed the night before and headed downstairs, meeting my mum in the kitchen.

"Good morning, mum." I greeted, giving her a kiss on the cheek. She responded with the same thing.

"Are you ready for your first day of school?" She asked, sipping her coffee. I smiled nervously, preparing my breakfast.

"More like terrified." I answered.

"Don't worry about it, Chloe. Remember you have two friends that go there so they'll help!" She reassured me and I nodded.

"Thanks mum. I'll get going now." I told her, and she nodded, waving me goodbye. Once I left the house I brought out my phone and plugged in my earphones, knowing only music would calm my nerves.

I started to walk on the pathway that I'd watched my older sister Amber walk on many times when she was still in High School. It was great that I was going to the same one she'd attended.

After about ten minutes of walking I arrived. It was 8:43, so I had some time to get myself ready before school officially started, even though it was pretty crowded.

I walked through the hallways, ignoring the stares and whispers that came. I felt like I was in one of that typical teenage romance movies/book where the girl first came to a school and everyone kept on staring at her.