Chapter 11

"Gwaine, could you turn the lights back on?" Gwaine stood up and turned on the lights as Percival turned off the projector. Ms Nimueh sat down on her chair and brought out one of the poetry books. Everyone else got the exact same copy out. As they did so Nimueh wrote the page number on the whiteboard as she listened to pages being turned. "Alright. Arthur would you like to read for us?" Arthur knew very well that she would ask him to do so and was already standing. "Right" he said as he cleared his throat. Merlin was trying very hard not to giggle. Arthur reading poetry. This will be good.

"I hate the way you talk to me
And the way you cut your hair
I hate the way you drive my car
And I hate it when you stare."

As he was reading he was doing an impression of an American female accent and would occasionally make little noises like overdramatic sighs and pretending to chew gum. Everyone found it amusing, even Ms Nimueh. They had just finished watching 10 Things I Hate About You and the assignment was to analyse the poem that Arthur was currently reading.

"I hate your big dum combat boots
And the way you read my mind
I hate it so much it makes me sick
It even makes me rhyme"

Merlin let out a little laugh, lucky for him he wasn't the only one.

"I hate it how your always right
And I hate it when you lie
I hate it when you make me laugh
And even worse when you make me cry"

Arthur once again overdramatised the scene and would start to pretend to tear up, which he was doing excellently. Merlin was even slightly temped to reach up and give him a hug. But he understood it would ruin the joke.

"I hate it how you're not around
And the fact that you didn't call
But mostly I hate how I don't hate you
Not even close
Not even a little bit
Not even at all."

He would fan himself with his hands and look genuinely hurt. Merlin actually did a little pout. Of course he started laughing again when Arthur pointed to the door and asked like nothing had happened "Should I run out the door now or is that not necessary?" Ms Nimueh just shook her head and sighed through her smile. "No Arthur. You don't have to run out. I think we all got a pretty good impression that you were hurt." Arthur did a little bow and everyone gave him a little applause. Even Nimueh. When Arthur sat down Merlin gave him a little pat on his shoulder and Arthur smiled at him and gave him a little pat on his back. Although it was a lot firmer than Merlins. And hurt a little as well.

While they were writing Merlin would doodle a little something on Arthur's page. And Arthur would do the same. Everything from smileys and hearts to flowers and song quotes. It was sweet and simple. They got completely lost in the doodling and almost forgot the assignment. After a while of writing and analysing Arthur wrote a note. It took a whole 5 minutes until Merlin noticed it sitting next to his page. On the note it said:

"Hey. What actually happened this morning?"

Merlin looked over at him but he was too busy writing. Merlin picked up his pen and wrote on the other side of the note. The second he left it on Arthur's page he picked it up.

"We kissed you dollophead"

Arthur shook his head and turned to Merlin and whispered. "I know that but what did it mean. Like are we together was it a mistake what was it?" Merlin looked slightly confused until he nodded his head like he was agreeing to a conversation he had with himself. He looked at Arthur with his big blue eyes. He looked like an angel right in front of him although Merlin didn't feel like it. He felt insecure and afraid. But Arthur didn't see that. He saw someone wonderful. "What do you want it to be?" Arthur sighed and almost looked disappointed. Merlin actually thought he'd said something wrong. That Arthur wasn't interested. He looked at him, worried he would shut him down. Arthur leaned closer and whispered aggressive. "You have no idea how much I want to kiss you right now." Merlins face nearly lit up and Arthur smiled and laughed before mumbling "idiot". Merlin shook his head and said "prat" before returning to his poem analysing.

So they were together now apparently.  And Merlin didn't mind. Not even a bit.