Chapter 26

May

Geoffrey was not only the librarian for the school but the math teacher as well. He was quite harsh in his classes but sometimes he simply couldn't be bothered. But when people would fall asleep in his classes he would usually do something about it.

"Now... When we multiply the sides of the triangle with the..." When the elderly teacher turned around he spotter a sleeping form. Black hair fuzzy and school shirt wrinkly. What really annoyed Geoffrey was that this sleeping form had the audacity to just sleep on the school desk using his arms as a pillow. At least he could have tried to hide the fact that he was indeed sleeping. Geoffrey stared at Merlin for a while before wandering over to the window where a flower vase was standing. He gently took out the three flowers in it and slowly walked over to this rude sleeping boy. Arthur would try to bump Merlin with his elbow but Merlin didn't even move. Of course as soon as the cold water hit his head he jumped up from the table and tried to shake the water out of his hair with his fingers. Geoffrey was standing next to him, judging Merlin with the vase in his hands. "Next time Mr. Emrys you should rethink the thought of falling asleep in my classes." He gave Merlin the flower vase and Merlin walked shamefully to the back of the classroom to fill up the vase. Most of the students was still laughing and snickering. When he turned to look at the rest of the class, half of them had turned in their chairs to give him a thumbs up. Merlin chuckled. Well at least he wasn't sleepy anymore.

----------------------------------------------

It was comfortably warm outside. The sun was shining through the windows. Will was on his bed, reading a book Merlin couldn't quite see the title of. Lancelot was sitting on his bed with his computer on his lap. He was apparently chatting with Gwen. The other boys were probably outside and enjoying the warm weather. Merlin was simply laying on his side and was just relaxing. His eyes were closed and he was listening to The Light Behind Your Eyes by My Chemical Romance. He wasn't really into that kind of music and neither was Arthur, but it was just something about the song itself and the lyrics that they both enjoyed so much. The shower he had received in math did keep him awake through the rest of the school day, but as soon as his head hit the pillow he really felt just how exhausted he was. His breathing was slow and heavy and he was almost gone.

One of his earbuds was removed and he looked up. Arthur held it and looked down at Merlin. His eyelids were heavy and he let go of the earbud. "I'm tired." Merlin sighed and moved a little on his bed. He then stretched out his arms and Arthur laid down, his back pressed up against Merlins stomach. The skinny boy wrapped one arm over Arthur's stomach and the blonde boy grabbed his hand. The other hand was under Arthur's head. Merlin placed one of his earbuds into Arthur's ear and they both slowly but surely fell asleep to Gerard Way's soothing voice as they were wrapped in each other's arms.