Chapter 23

January

Arthur did get in trouble for punching Cendred and ended up getting his second strike. The school has a system that will give you a strike if you do something bad. If you end up getting three strikes you can get expelled, depending how serious the things you've done.

When Arthur returned to the bedroom, everyone stopped what they were doing and looked over at Arthur who entered the room. When he bit his lip and sighed, the others knew what had happened. He walked over to Merlins bed and sat down next to him. Merlin stroke him over his back. Elyan closed his book and sat up a little. "Well at least it's only your second strike. It could've gone worse." The others agreed and so they left it at that.

----------------------------------------------

February

Merlin was used to nightmares. He was used to waking up sweaty and cold. To be afraid of whatever he had dreamt might happen. Whether it was fictional or reality. But he almost never woke up screaming because of a dream. At least not this school year. He would sometimes make a little Yelp as he woke up, but nothing this loud. The thing that was so different from the other nightmares, was that it felt so real. Like someone was grabbing him, chasing him, killing him. He felt every touch, he saw every person. It was just too real. He clearly hasn't woken up completely but when he did. When he finally managed to snap out of it he suddenly realised Arthur was shaking him, having a tight grip around his shoulders. As soon as he woke up again. That moment he was really awake, his mind and body in sync once again, he was exhausted. He had to lean his forehead on Arthur shoulder because he was so tired. So paralysed. Arthur gently laid Merlin back into his bed and crawled under the duvet with him as well. The other boys returned to their beds and went back to sleep. Arthur pulled the duvet up to their chin and wrapped his arms tightly around Merlin and kissed his head gently. "I'm here. It's okay Merlin. I'm here."

----------------------------------------------

March

Merlin was sitting on one of the benches in front of the cricket field. It was the one bench that was under a tree. He was wearing a brown leather jacket, a red scarf and his brown converse and he was drinking tea from a thermo cup as he read the last chapter of Forgive Me Leonard Peacock. During the entire book he had laughed and cried and sometimes just been simply stunned. But at this part he was just sad. Sad and empty. He was feeling melancholy. Not only because the book was at its end but because of something he had suddenly realised.

And as he read the last page from the book about a highly suicidal teenager who had bee through that much emotional abuse and who wanted nothing more but to show his only friends how much he cared about them before he would end his life, he suddenly realised why Will never mentioned the book to him.