It Just Runs In The Family

Maggie and her mother got home, a small blue house that looks so beaten due to how old it is. A messy front yard which's grass is so long and filled with trash, even the city continues to fine Mrs. Rodriguez for not cleaning it. One abandoned white house on the left, and a two floor yellow house on the right. The yellow house in which a group of drug dealers have their meth lab in the basement and sell the meth through the deep web.
They swim in bitcoins. 

"Why did you fucking snitch to your teacher?!" Maggie's mom, Mrs. Rodriguez, yells at Maggie.
Maggie lets out a sob and covers up her face, knowing what's coming up next.
Her mother pushes her on the ground and kicks her as Maggie cries for help.

As heartbreaking as it seems, Maggie's mom feels nothing other than satisfaction. But later, she feels frightened. Frightened of Maggie's teacher calling CPS on her for physically and mentally abusing her child.

She knew that what she was doing was wrong, but it runs in the family. Mrs. Rodriguez was abused by her ex-husband and her parents. Mrs. Rodriguez's father was abused by his parents and also abused her mother which caused her to abuse poor Mrs. Rodriguez. To make it less confusing and messy, it is just a chain of abuse each one had to go through just because of self-pleasure their partner and parents thrived for.

Even though Mrs. Rodriguez tried committing suicide, she did not want to meet Satan, who is currently waiting for her in the pits of hell, just yet. She is a Christian, which is nothing wrong, but she is abusive about her believes. And yeah, she was aware that she is a sinner. But just last month, Maggie did not want to wake up at 4 a.m. to pray with her, Maggie received three bruises and a cut on the thigh. But all Maggie was told to say if someone saw them was, "I just like riding my skateboard in the street."

Mrs. Rodriguez is also bipolar. In just an hour after kicking poor Maggie, she walked in into Maggie's room gave her a kiss on the cheek and gave her a small juice box. Maggie knew she had to take it, unless she wanted to take another kick. But, Maggie did live a positive lifestyle at some point. If only she was able to remember it.

Back when Maggie was born her parents were happily married and lived in somewhat harmony in a middle class neighborhood. Her father worked in construction and before she was born, her mother was a dentist assistant. Maggie was a calm newborn but as she got older by a few months, all she did was cry. Mrs. Rodriguez had to stay with her at all times which did not let her clean or just do any housework in general. Mr. Rodriguez just did not seem to understand how hard it is to take care of a baby. But in his mind, the woman had to do all the work in the house and had to have everything ready for when he came back from work.

He claimed that she had to serve him all because he brought home $700 bi-weekly for just bossing around lower class immigrants who did not know English, but not everyone could get what they wished for.
It made Mr. Rodriguez angry how Mrs. Rodriguez was not able to keep the house clean even though she did take care of a five month old baby.
He soon then became abusive.

He would come home drunk out of his mind and would beat Mrs. Rodriguez and would not care if Maggie was crying uncontrollably while doing so. And Mrs. Rodriguez says that Mr. Rodriguez actually 'kidnapped' her to save her from her abusive parents.
Oh, even the people who claim they will protect you can hurt you too.

Mr. Rodriguez would bring home prostitutes and would even do drugs. He lived the life he always wanted. There were times he would kick Mrs. Rodriguez and Maggie out of the house and had to spend the night at homeless shelters.
Mrs. Rodriguez did not want to call the police on him because she loved him and did not want her daughter to grow up without a father. But little did she know that he would leave them for another woman.
A 49 year-old widow that was so desperate to get married she would marry a 24 year-old kid that had no plans for his future whatsoever.

In order to move on with life, Mrs. Rodriguez joined the prostitution business just when Maggie turned two years old. She would leave Maggie with the main female pimp at the nightclub. It all just seemed to work out so Mrs. Rodriguez just went with it.

"I do it because I love you and I want you to be better than me," she would sometimes whisper to Maggie as she would sleep.
But since when was abusing your child a way of showing love?