Please, Have Mercy.

A/N:
This may be triggering to a few of you.

It's been two weeks since Maggie and Rosalinda arrived at Cookie's. It's been going well not only for Rosalinda with her job, but also with Maggie. Maggie has not been abused by her mother ever since, she was loving it there.
Cookie treated her the way she's supposed to be treated, with love, respect, and care. She would not leave out of her sight.
Unlike Rosalinda who used to leave her home alone when she would work night shifts.

Maggie's mother also became really close to a customer of Arturo's. His name was Javier, he was from Mexico and he was thirty-four years old, exactly ten years older than Rosalinda.
He came every night with different types of flowers.
One night he brings in white roses, the next he could bring in yellow tulips, and so on.
This caused Rosalinda to start falling for him, hard.

In those two weeks, Child Protection Services were desperate to find Maggie. She was never enrolled to a new school, so there was no way she could be tracked and put under foster care.
It was going as Rosalinda planned, to not get caught by CPS and get her child taken under custody.
Rosalinda did not want to end up doing time in jail, due to her lack of money to even possibly pay a bond before trial.

"I want to go see my mommy!" Maggie whines as she tried putting on her shoes.
She's been telling Cookie the same thing for thirty minutes straight. It was slowly irritating Cookie but she couldn't stay mad at Maggie.

"But you can't go inside! It's only for adults!" She said trying to reason with Maggie.

"Awe please..." Maggie started to pout, it was Cookie's weakness. She thought for a while and maybe she could see her mother in Arturo's office.

"Okay, only for a little," she quickly checked herself in the mirror and fixed her hair.

"I'm ready!" Maggie starts to walk up to the door waiting for Cookie to join her.

•••

They made their way to the nightclub. Bright lights surrounded it and loud music came from inside. It was rather packed that night, it was Saturday night after all.
Cookie led Maggie to behind the building. The entrance to Arturo's office is guarded by four built men dressed in all black. As soon as they saw Cookie, they moved out the way. They questioned to themselves why Cookie was bringing a child into a very inappropriate place. But, they kept it to themselves rather than to get into trouble.

One of the men opened the door for Cookie and Maggie. They walked in to see Arturo talking to one of his best friends and colleagues, Hector. They were about to finish a discussion about opening a second nightclub in Miami.
Hector noticed them at the door first and soon Arturo turned around and smiled at them. Maggie jumps a little as she could hear the door close behind them.

"Hey," Arturo stood up from his chair and walked to Cookie and kisses her on the lips. He kneels down and picks up Maggie.
"Hector, this is Maggie, she's the daughter of one of Cookie's closest friends," Hector smiled and pulled out his wallet. He opened it and took out a five dollar bill.

"Here, so you can buy yourself whatever you want," Hector handed the money to Maggie, at first she was hesitant about it but she did receive it.
"Thank you," she whispered and smiled at him.

"Where's Rosalinda?" Cookie tried breaking the silence.
Arturo thought for a while.
"I'm pretty sure she's working by the bar," Arturo says sitting Maggie on his chair.
"I'll go get her," Cookie made her way to the door that lead inside the club.