New Friend

A/N:
I had initially published this chapter already but I was so unhappy with how it turned out. Not only did I just slack off at it, it had many mistakes.
The cringe is real.
Hope you enjoy!
P.S.: If you wonder why I emphasized the last two lines of the chapter, it's because I can sadly relate to it...

The evil man licks his lips as his hand trails up and up.
Closer and closer.
To one of the most sacred places for a woman.
Maggie, unable to move, tears stream down her now red cheeks.
She felt extremely uncomfortable.

"Leave the kid alone!" The same man from earlier came barging in and picks up the monster by the neck, slamming him to the wall multiple times.
The man unable to fight back due to being drunk and clumsy.
Until blood is left on the wall.
He throws him on the floor and kicks him.

"You deserve that and more," he spits at the man's unconscious body.
He then walks up to Maggie, who hid under a pillow.
"Are you okay?" The young man moves the pillow to reveal Maggie with bloodshot eyes.
"Shh shh...it's okay...you're okay," he hugged her and lightly brushed her hair with his fingers.
"I'm here."
After a few minutes, he decided to carry Maggie out of the room.
The party started to clear out, even though some people were passed out on the floors.
Some still violently making out on random furniture.

"I couldn't find your mom," he puts Maggie down and holds her hand.
"Then again, I've never met you or her before, haha."
They walk around the house in hopes of finding Maggie's mom, no sign of her.

"What's your name?" He asks her as he places her on top of the kitchen counter.
She hesitated but was able to say it loud enough for him to hear it.

"Well Maggie, my name's Daniel," he smiles at her.
"Are you hungry? I certainly am!" He pats his stomach making weird noises, causing Maggie to start giggling.
Something she hasn't done in a while.
'Daniel' started digging through the refrigerator, lucky enough, he found a package with ham slices.

"There's no bread!" He exclaims after going through the whole kitchen.
"The ham is the best part of the sandwich anyway," he opens the package and hands it to Maggie so she could take a slice for herself.
She smiles taking out the ham and pretty much swallowing it whole.
She was starving.

"Someone's in a rush!" Daniel says before filling up his mouth with ham.
"You remind me so much of my kid," he sighs, "why is life so unfair?"
Maggie shrugs.

Daniel became a father at the age of 17. He had to drop out of school his senior year and so did the girl he impregnated. They tried living together and well, being a family. But, the girl hated the lifestyle he was providing her. Not only did she not want to work for herself, she wanted an expensive and rich lifestyle. So did Daniel but, he knew it was impossible. She ended up leaving him and their daughter for another man.
Years later, he struggled a lot with getting a job and well, lost custody of his daughter and hasn't seen her since.
He like many, joined the drug dealing 'industry.' But, the money he makes doesn't seem to make him happy at all.
For some reason, he saw Maggie as his daughter. That's why he's been so nice to her, it does not seem like he could ever forget about his daughter.
Some parents are lucky enough to stay with their children, like Rosalinda.
Others, are not even able to see the beautiful human they have created and love.

"Of course you wouldn't know, you're a fucking child!"
Tears started to form in his brown eyes.

"It always gets better!" Maggie tries cheering him up. Daniel raises an eyebrow at Maggie.
"Does it really? Prove it!" He sticks out his tongue at her.
Trying to keep it cheerful and not depressing.

"Umm..." she looked up at the ceiling and tapping her finger lightly on her chin.
"I once fell off the monkey bars at school, I was really sad." She nods as she continues, "But the teacher saw me crying so she gave me some candy!" Maggie jumps up in excitement almost causing her to fall off the counter.