Men And Candy Is All She Needs

A/N:
Sorry I took so long to update.
I came across writer's block whilst writing this chapter.
Also, my thoughts and prayers go to the families of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile.
Two black men that were killed by white police officers, for practically no reason. Both their deaths were caught on video, which I watched, and I was in tears.
Yep, white supremacy is real.
#BLACKLIVESMATTER
Respect the movement.

"I need some right now!" Rosalinda yells through her brand new cellphone.
"Well, can't you order one of your minions to bring it? Okay...I'll be waiting."
Rosalinda throws her phone on the bed.
She was dying to snort some white powder and feel satisfaction once again.

It's been a few hours since they arrived in Miami. Johnny had left them a penthouse in the downtown area.
Rosalinda had never felt closer to being a queen.
Yeah, what a big competition against the Queen of England.

Maggie, on the other hand, was scared of being alone with her mother again. God knows what Rosalinda might have in store for her, especially since she had just started using drugs.
She sat in her new room looking out the window, watching the cars go on the highway and how the headlights light up the city. It was sundown and it just got darker.

Feeling her stomach growling, Maggie decided to go look for her mom to see if she could possibly give her something to eat.
All she received was getting yelled at and a door being slammed in her face.
Maybe she could just get something herself.

Maggie walked to the kitchen to see if there was anything.
To her surprise, there was only a few items inside the refrigerator. But, this penthouse hasn't probably been lived in for a while.
As Maggie was eating some yogurt, she heard loud knocking coming from the door.
She could hear her mom practically running to the door. Maggie walks out the kitchen and peeks at the front door.

There are two men, one dressed in all black and the other was dressed in what seem very expensive clothes. The man with expensive clothes game Rosalinda a small bag with cocaine inside but, Maggie had no idea what it was. She simply thought it was flour.
Oh, the innocence of a child.

Maggie knew she had to stop looking so she tried leaving, causing her to drop her yogurt. Causing a loud thud and yogurt spilled on the expensive floors.
Rosalinda quickly turns to stare down Maggie.

"I didn't know you had a kid," the man said to Rosalinda.
She shook her head and replied with, "She isn't my daughter! My sister died so I had to take care of this brat."
Maggie felt her heart sink. Even if her mother used to hurt her and does not appreciate her as she is supposed to her, Maggie loves her. It's just a bond made when the fetus slowly becomes a baby. A bond children still have strongly with their parents.
Unless, it changes with how the parent treats the child or how the child is toward them.

As said by many parents out there, maternal/paternal or adoptive or other, true love is experience once you are able to have a child. Raise them, educate them, and when they protect them. An unconditional love that cannot be swapped by drugs, money, or lust.
That love can be shared, it's not always by having the same blood.
It's just a truly beautiful thing. One of the last pure and perfect things in this horrible world.

"B-but you're my mommy!" Maggie ran to her but was stopped by Rosalinda.

"How many times do I have to tell you?! You aren't my kid!" Trying not to break one of her nails, Rosalinda grabbed Maggie by her hair and dragged her to a closet located in one of the hallways.
Maggie was pushed into the tight and dark closet filled with cleaning supplies.
The door was closed shut, and then a click can be heard afterward.

Maggie banged her little fist at the door, she was terrified of the dark. She curled into a small ball as she started crying.
She never knew why her mother hated her so much. Maggie always tried staying positive. She's a child filled with joy.

"What the fuck?! Why didn't you clean the fucking house?" Robert yelled at Rosalinda. His voice echoing through the quiet house.
"Be quiet. You're going to wake Maggie up," Rosalinda tried calming him down. Robert grabbed her by the hair and pushed her on the floor. A loud thud could be heard, which caused baby Maggie to wake up and start crying.
"Go shut your kid up!" Robert stomped on Rosalinda's hand. She screamed out in pain but did as told.
Robert just went to the restroom.
Rosalinda ran to their shared bedroom and picked Maggie up from her crib. She lightly sang to her and patted her bottom. But it didn't seem to work. Not the bottle.
Rosalinda started shaking when she started hearing Robert's footsteps coming toward the room.
The door violently opened. No words were spoken. Rosalinda quickly put Maggie down and felt her head get yanked back by her hair. She lets out a scream of pain. Robert starts to drag her to the restroom. Rosalinda kicked and screamed, trying to get away from the monster.
Robert pulled her up, still holding her hair, and pushed her head into the tub. The bathtub was filled up with water. Rosalinda, weakly, tried to push herself away from the tub. All of her limbs, violently trying to stop the man on top of her. She felt her head get pulled up from the water. Quickly trying to catch her breath.
"You're lucky I won't kill you," Robert threw her weak body to the floor. Still unable to breath completely and hearing her baby still crying her lungs out.

"You shouldn't be so rough with the girl, either," Rosalinda just scoffed.
"Let's go to my room, to talk about business," she said loud enough for the man's bodyguard to hear. A hint for the bodyguard to stay and not follow.

Little did Rosalinda know was that Johnny wanted to surprise her.
He and his men went up to the penthouse. Shooting the bodyguard that was protecting the front door. His body fell on to the floor, lifeless.
Johnny running throughout the place, checking inside every room. Coming toward the room in which Rosalinda was staying in, moans could be heard. He opens the door to see Rosalinda on top of an unknown man.

Maggie has now fallen asleep. She was too asleep to feel that she has been taken out the closet. Not awake to see the dead bodies on the floor. Not awake to see how the penthouse got trashed. Not awake to find out, Johnny wanted her mother dead.