2: My name is Bucky

We spent the rest of the night playing this game. Eventually he warmed up to me, and was comfortable with sitting next to me on the couch rather than us squishing ourselves onto opposite corners. I learned things about him, such as; he doesn't like being touched unless he's familiar with the person touching him. He doesn't really remember anything else other than he hates Hydra, and he killed many people, which he proceeded to get misty eyed over when he remembered it. I had to resist the urge to hug him.

He learned things about me too. Like, my favorite TV show is (favorite TV show); my car is a 1967 Chevy Impala. He had no idea what that looked like, and was naturally a bit curious. I promised I would show him in the morning.

At about four o'clock, my phone rang again and he froze as it played the ringtone I had set up for Clint. I watched him warily, but he didn't look offensive. Not even defensive. He looked more curious than anything. I stood up and motioned for him to stay there as I walked into the kitchen. I could have sworn I heard a sound like a whimper escape from his chest as I walked out of the room and answered the call.

"Hey Clint, what's up?" I asked.

"Falcon. I'm guessing Steve filled you in on the target?" Clint asked. I rolled my eyes at the sarcasm, and heard the floor creak. I glanced towards the door and saw Winter standing in the doorway, glancing around. I was momentarily distracted by how well his chest filled out the outfit he was wearing, and was pulled back by Clint's voice.

"Helloooo, earth to (y/f/n)?" He asked. I shook my head and answered Clint, telling him I was there.

"Ok, so they must've only given you the basic details. The target is The Winter Soldier. Hydra lost him after D.C. and S.H.I.E.L.D. wants him so they can, take care of him." Clint said, obviously struggling to find the right phrase for what he actually meant. S.H.I.E.L.D. wanted to terminate him.

"Ok, why are you having me find him?" I asked while keeping an eye on Winter, who had slowly been inching closer to the refrigerator.

"Well you are our favorite scout. Besides, Steve says if we confront him, he'll probably attack. You have a naturally calm feel about you, so he should be ok if you find him." Clint explained. I sauntered over to the fridge, pulled it open, handed Winter an apple, and shooed him back into the living room. I thought i saw a ghost of a smile cross his lips before he walked back into the living room and sat on the couch, biting into the apple. I sighed and turned my attention back to the call.

"If you want, we could all come down there and give you the briefing in person. You seem a bit distracted." Clint said. I felt panic rising in my throat, if they found Winter they'd kill him and i really didn't want that to happen.

"N-No it's ok Clint, I have a new, roommate, I guess you'd call him. I was talking to him when you called. I'm just a bit anxious to get back." I said trying to pull off the half lie. Winter wasn't really my roommate, I didn't know what to call him yet, but I needed something to tell Clint.

"Ooh (y/f/n), who's your boyfriend? What's his name?" Clint questioned, sounding like a fourteen-year-old girl talking to her friend. I chuckled.

"No Clint he's no-" I stopped as I heard Clint yelling, obviously trying to keep me from hearing what he had yelled.

"Nerds gods and spies! (y/f/n) has a boyfriend!" He cried. I heard shuffling in the background, and a jumble of voices. I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose. I heard the floor creaking again, and turned to see Winter standing in the doorway smirking at me. I scowled at him, and hung up the phone without warning.

"Were those the almighty Avengers?" He asked. I nodded and sighed, they could be a handful. He chuckled, it was a deep, rich chuckle and I felt my heart soar when I heard it. It made me happy for some reason. I smiled, and heard his stomach rumble.