3: Blade of Odin

Bucky and Loki didn't seem to be getting along. I was a bit worried they would manage to kill each other before I had time to react, so I kept a hand on Bucky's knee at all times, and when he seemed to be getting pissed at Loki I would put a bit of pressure on his knee. He would turn his attention to me instead of Loki and voila. No dead Norse god or assassin.

Our early breakfast was interrupted at about five, when my phone rang. I looked at the screen and saw Natasha's contact photo. I answered the phone.

"Hey Nat, what's up?" I asked. I heard bullets firing and the sound of Cap's shield hitting things in the background.

"Not much, we just need some backup on this mission. we're in Times Square. It's nothing major, just some terrorists." She said I heard thor in the background

"tell her to bring Loki, I know he is with her." He said. I sighed and patted Bucky's shoulder as i stood up to throw our wrappers away. I motioned for them to follow me, and they both stood out of the booth.

"Ill bring Loke with me. Hey Nat, if it isn't that major then why do you need the god of mischief?" I asked. she told me to hold and set her phone down. I heard grunts of pain and an awful sounding snap before she picked up her phone again. Bones snapping was after all, Black Widow's hold music.

"Thor just wants to keep tabs on him." She said I shrugged, and began walking out the door, climbing into my car after I had herded Loki and Bucky into the car before me. I told Natasha i would be there in about five minutes, and hung up the phone.

"Where are we going (y/n)?" I heard Bucky ask before i turned the car on. I reached under my seat and flipped a switch. The exterior of the car shimmered before the cloaking software engaged. effectively hiding s and allowing me to weave in and out of cars, making the drive to Times Square much shorter than usual. I pulled up to the curb one block away from Times Square and turned to face Bucky.

"Stay here. You cannot, i repeat, cannot let the Avengers see you." I said. Bucky nodded, and I climbed out of the car after Loki snapped his fingers and my regular clothes changed into an outfit much like Black Widow's. It was easier to move in this outfit, which happened to be a key part of allowing me to use my training. I climbed out of the car and Loki followed, snapping his fingers and changing his clothes to the outfit he had worn when he tried to take over New york, complete with the golden horned helmet and green cape. I chuckled at his flashy outfit before Loki snapped his fingers and we appeared in the middle of the fighting, Loki sing magic to subdue the terrorists, green glowing from his fingertips.

"Oh so you finally decide to show up now do you?" Pietro teased as he zoomed past. I threw one of the men over my shoulder to him, and he gave them a nasty right hook as he passed before zooming on. T'challa Leaped over my head and landed on one of the men who had been moving p behind me.

"You must watch yourself ." He said simply before slashing at another man with his vibranium claws.Captain America's shield zoomed over my head before making contact with another man's head, knocking the man out. Natasha roundhouse kicked someone else in the face, while Wanda lifted one of the kamikaze bombers into the air, and he detonated his bomb in the air. Nobody was injured from that.

I looked around, trying to find the leader. I saw Cap throwing his shield. I saw T'challa using some of the moves he had taught me to avoid the men. I saw Tony blasting and flying. I saw Clint atop a building, firing arrow after arrow. I saw Loki manipulating the men into shooting each other, and laughing as they did it. The evil side of his personality becoming evident. I saw Thor hold out his hand, and his hammer fly back to him taking out at least three men on the way.

I didn't see Caps shield hit Loki on the rebound. I didn't see Loki stumble backwards, trying to regain his balance. I didn't see him turn to face the leader of the terrorists, a horrified look on his face as he saw what the man held in his hand. I didn't hear the man whisper "Hail Hydra" before he plunged the blade under Loki's ribs, angling it upwards towards his heart, missing it by a millimeter. I didn't see Loki collapse as his life faded. I didn't hear Thor's cries of panic.