4: Shock and Pain

"(y/n), (y/n) we're here." I vaguely heard Bucky say. I hummed absentmindedly in response and climbed out of the car, walking in the vague direction of the elevator. I waited until Bucky was in the elevator with me, and pressed the button that would take us up to my floor. When the doors opened to let somebody else in, I didn't even care that I was covered in blood and looked like an assassin. The man looked at me curiously, and Bucky threw his arm over my shoulder, pulling me closer to him. I leaned my head against his chest, and the other man looked away, pulling out his phone and dialing a number.

"Which apartment?" Bucky asked me as we walked down the hall towards my apartment. I followed him blindly and muttered the apartment number.

"1216." I mumbled as we walked. He stopped in front of my door, and fumbled with the keys. I gently took them out of his hands and used the one silver key to unlock the door. I pushed it open and walked in, not bothering to see if Bucky had followed. I heard the door shut behind me as I walked to my room. I shut and locked my door, and walked into the bathroom. I managed to get out of the blood stained outfit, deciding it needed to be burned, and turned on the water in the shower. I looked at myself in the mirror. I hated what I saw. I stepped into the shower, trying to wash away everything that had happened. The hot water left my skin red, but I didn't feel the heat. I couldn't feel anything except anger.

"(Y/n)? You ok?" I heard Bucky's faint call. I cleared my throat and called back, my voice cracking every other word.

"Yeah Buck, I'm alright." I heard heavy footsteps as he walked away from the door. I decided I was sick of the water, and turned it off as I stepped out of the shower. I grabbed my favorite fluffy (f/c) towel, and wrapped it around myself as I stepped out of the bathroom into my bedroom. I pulled out one of Brandon's hoodies and my favorite pair of sweatpants, and put them on after I had put on a pair of underwear and a bra. I grabbed my phone and slipped it into the pocket of my hoodie, then walked into the living room to see Bucky curled up on the window seat, looking into the street below.

"Hey Bucky." I said quietly as I sat down. I checked my phone, and saw that there were fifteen text messages from the team. I checked them all.

Stark

(y/n), Are you ok? Do you want to stay with us for a little? Because you know, the tower is always open to you.

Pietro

If you need anybody, you know I am always there for you. Just say you need me and I'll be there before you know it.

Please be ok, I don't want to lose you. You are like my sister.

Nat

I know that losing a friend is hard, but you need to be strong.

You can't let this get to you you're a good soldier.

Come on just reply, don't ignore me.

T'challa

Are you alright?

Clint

(Y/n) I am so sorry I didn't see what was happening. I could have stopped it.

I'm so sorry, please forgive me.

Steve

(Y/n)

Are you ok?

Please reply to me

Tell me you didn't do anything drastic, I couldn't stand to lose you.

You're like my sister; I need you to be ok.