Let go

"Jamie... Jamie I'm dead. This is ridiculous, I'm dead. Let me go." Eddie said in Jamie's dream. He had been dreaming about her a lot, since she had been killed in the line of duty. It was only natural, since he had been in love with her. The therapist said it would pass, but he had a feeling she would always be on his mind, and plague his sleep.

Tonight was no different and and it was the same speech. "Jamie please... I'm dead. Just stop and let me go. I'm dead and there's nothing you can do." Eddie pleaded.

Jamie was trying to stay in the dream, fighting to be with her. "Eddie I love you. Please don't go." Jamie said to her.

"I'm already gone Jamie. You know this is a dream. When you wake up I won't be there. I'll never be with you again." Eddie said and Jamie started to choke up and cry.

How could the woman he loved die? How could she leave him so broken, haunt his dreams, and then each night tell him to forget about her and go away. He was hurting and his heart ached for her. He longed to hold her in his arms. When he reached out to grab her, she stopped him. "Don't touch me. You have to let me go. Jamie you aren't doing good. You need to stop this. Stop dreaming about me and stop trying to be with me here. It isn't right." Eddie said.

"Yeah? Who are you to tell me what I should be doing. You died and left me a broken man, and now all I can do is dream about you, to see you again. I can't forget. Every day I wake up and remember what happened, and I cry. My life isn't the same without you." Jamie said.

"I know and it's going to be hard, but you have to let me go and move on. I will always be right here." Eddie stopped and placed her hand on his heart. "Just like Joe and your Mom, I will be right here inside your heart. The heart never forgets the people it loves. I love you Jamie." Eddie finished and placed a kiss on his lips.

"I love you too Eddie." Jamie said as she faded away.

Jamie woke up to a tear stained pillow and reached for the glass of water beside his bed. He looked at her photo and her shield and smiled through his tears. 'Eddie I promise to get better for you.' Jamie thought internally, before drinking some water and then falling back asleep.