Feel your heartbeat

"All I wanna do is hold you close, Feel your heartbeat through your clothes..." Love can't wait by Nick Carter

Jamie saw the gun aimed at Eddie and he jumped. He pushed her down and they rolled on the ground. The guy kept trying to aim his gun at them, until another officer stopped him. When they stopped rolling, they were a tangle of limbs. Eddie had her hand on his chest and she could feel his heartbeat through all his layers. It sounded very fast and panicked.

Jamie had his hand on her waist and he realized this looked bad. He carefully got up, then extended a hand to help Eddie up. "I'm so sorry. Did I hurt you?" Jamie asked.

"No I'm okay. Are you okay? You... oh gosh your arm is bleeding." Eddie replied.

Jamie looked at his arm and noticed a small gash. He looked at the ground and saw a sharp bloodied rock. "A rock scratched me." Jamie said as he picked up the rock and pocketed it.

Eddie gently grabbed his arm and held it. "You always get hurt because of me. I'm so sorry. How can I make it up to you?" Eddie asked in a serious tone.

"It's fine don't worry about it." Jamie said as a medic came and treated his arm.

When the medic was done, Eddie felt worse. His arm had a long white rectangular bandage on it and he was wincing in pain. "Please Jamie... I'm so sorry." Eddie said near tears.

Eddie felt so awful, because she was a danger magnet. Jamie always got caught up in her troubles. "Shift is over. Let's get back to the house and figure something out." Jamie said.

The drive back was slow and quiet. Eddie was driving, to give Jamie time to rest his arm. "Eyes on the road Janko. I'm fine. Focus, so you don't cause a car crash." Jamie instructed in a firm tone.

"Right. Sorry." Eddie mumbled.

She focused on the road and they got back to the house safely. "I have to file an injury report. Will you wait for me?" Jamie asked fearing she would leave and go hide at her apartment.

"I'm not going anywhere. You might not even be able to drive yourself home." Eddie replied.

Jamie returned their radios and filed his injury report, before changing into his street clothes. "Whoa what happened to you?" Another male officer asked him in the locker room.

"Saved my partners life. I guess you could call it a souvenir." Jamie cracked a smile as he replied.

"Remind me never to partner with Janko." The officer said.

"Hey! That's my partner and she's amazing. Watch what you say about her." Jamie defended.

"Sorry. Didn't mean any offense by it." The officer said.

"Good." Jamie said and finished changing.

Jamie was walking out the men's locker room, while putting on his NYPD hoodie. He was struggling and Kara saw him. She took pity on him and helped him. "You look kinda cute standing there, struggling with your sweater Reagan." Kara teased as she helped him put it on.

"You save Eddie's life and get hurt, then we'll talk." Jamie joked back.

"You still have a sense of humor." Kara noted. "That's good." She commented.

"I have to try and laugh this off. Eddie is so upset about this." Jamie said.

"There, all done!" Kara exclaimed. "Don't worry about her. I gave her a big hug and told her not to worry about it. I told her we could have ice cream tomorrow. She perked up at that." Kara said.