When he gets sick

She always seemed to take care of him, when he got sick lately. She was limited in cooking skills, but she was really good at making various soups. Jamie loved that about Eddie. She made an effort and tried her best, to help him feel better. She was amazing and Jamie wanted to kiss her.

The flu was awful, because he was restricted to his bed or the window seat, and he was throwing up a lot. He had a rubbish bin, with a garbage bag inside beside him, in case he needed to throw up. He was currently on the window seat and Eddie was making tea in the kitchen. "Blueberry or green tea?" Eddie asked.

"Put one of each in the teapot. I sometimes combine, for the health benefits of both." Jamie said.

"I wouldn't have thought of that. Good idea." Eddie said, as she dropped one tea bag each of green tea and blueberry tea into the teapot. Lately she had noticed Jamie was turning to tea, more than his usual coffee. When she had asked him about it, he said he was trying to drink healthier beverages, and that coffee was getting him nowhere. When she really thought about it, coffee was really just empty calories, no health benefits. This tea drinking was slowly growing on her too, if she were willing to admit it.

Jamie smiled at her, then he turned and puked into the rubbish bin. Eddie cringed a little, for the sound of someone vomiting, always made her a little queasy herself. She walked over with his tea, and a folded cool cloth in a small dish of cold water. She placed the tea on the side table and the dish with cold water as well. She helped Jamie sit up and then proceeded to sit behind him. "Here, this will help." Eddie said and held the wrung out cool cloth to his forehead.

Jamie shivered a moment at the coldness of the cloth, before he relaxed. "Thanks Eddie." Jamie said and laid back against her chest.

"You're welcome." Eddie said and placed a kiss on top of his head.

"I hate being sick." Jamie said and let out an audible sigh.

"I do too, but you will be better soon. I'm trying my best to make things better." Eddie said.

Jamie moved suddenly and threw up again into the rubbish bin. Eddie tried her best to keep from throwing up herself, and when he was done, he rested his head on her shoulder, cool cloth once again on his forehead.

Eddie gently rubbed circles on his back and he smiled. "Thanks so much." Jamie said in a raspy voice. He was really weak.

"When you want your tea, let me know and I'll help you sit up." Eddie said.

"Okay. Sorry for throwing up. I know it makes you queasy." Jamie whispered.

Eddie leaned in close and breathed gently into his hair. It tickled Jamie slightly, as he let out a strange sounding little laugh. "It's okay. I'm fine, and I can handle it, because it's you." Eddie proudly admitted. She was struggling, but reminding herself that it was Jamie, who was throwing up, made it just a little bit easier to handle.

Jamie stayed laying on his side, with his head resting on her shoulder, his legs between her legs, and just tried to rest a little. After a while he began to want his tea. He tried to sit up and the cloth fell off his forehead. Eddie who had briefly fallen asleep, stirred and then woke up, helping Jamie to sit up. She picked up the cloth that was now warm, and dampened it again, before placing it on his forehead again. "Tea?" Eddie asked.

"Yes please. It won't be warm now, but that's okay." Jamie replied.

Eddie handed him the mug, and he took big gulps of the cooled liquid, until it was all gone. "That was really refreshing. I feel a lot cooler now, since the cool cloth. You are amazing." Jamie said.

He leaned over and kissed her quickly on the lips, causing her to smile. "I better not get sick mister. I will make you take care of me and I have a long list of demands." Eddie said in a serious tone, before bursting out laughing.

Jamie smiled, because her laugh was infectious and he didn't mind catching it. Being sick wasn't so bad, when he had his gorgeous partner taking care of him.