Wild Child

A/N: The song Eddie is listening to and the title of the drabble is Wild Child by Enya.

"What are you listening to?" Jamie asked, as he walked into his apartment.

Jamie had just came back, and he had chinese food from their favorite restaurant, Hop Sing's. Eddie was so excited, that she almost forgot about his question. "Oh I'm sorry. Enya." Eddie replied.

"I know who she is, I just never knew you were a fan." Jamie said as he set the food down and started unpacking.

"There are many things you don't know about me." Eddie said with a smile.

She went into the kitchen and hugged Jamie around the waist, before giving him a quick kiss on the lips. "Did you get eggs rolls?" Eddie asked.

"How could I ever forget. You love them, so of course I got some." Jamie replied in a slightly teasing tone.

The music kept playing and the song changed to another by Enya. "CD?" was Jamie's thoughts, but he said it out loud by accident.

"Yes. I have a few. Tell whoever you want, I'm not ashamed." Eddie replied, not realizing he hadn't meant to say that out loud.

They dished out the chinese food between them and started eating. "Danny.... he might tease me a little, but I like her music too. Joe... he listened a bit himself." Jamie said with a fond smile.

Eddie ruffled Jamie's hair a bit, then gently brushed her fingers along his cheek. "You miss him. I'm sorry. I can turn the music off if it pains you." Eddie said.

"No. Listening to music he used to love, it helps me remember more vividly. Some days I can't even recall what his voice sounds like. Then I remember something we did together, and it feels like yesterday was when I last saw him." Jamie explained.

"He's here you know. I mean he's watching over you. You know how you keep his photo in your hat...." Eddie stopped when Jamie gave her this embarrassed look. "Oh stop. I didn't tell anyone, and I actually think it's really sweet and special. He's there always watching over you. I think he's dead proud of you and you should know that." Eddie finished.

"I always wonder what he would be doing if he was alive. Obviously a cop, but I mean would he be married? maybe kids?. He missed out on all the things I will someday have and that Danny, Dad and Grandpa have and have had. I want to have all these experiences, not just for me but also partly for him, because he lost out. He deserved a happy life more than all of us." Jamie said.

"Then do that. Have an amazing life. Live and experience everything he couldn't, and at the end of the day, be thankful you are alive. You will always have me no matter what too. I'm always going to be a part of your life in some shape or form." Eddie said and Jamie felt relieved.

"I was hoping for more permanent. I mean not just yet, because we are dating under the radar, but maybe in a few years. Just wait for it, it will be wonderful." Jamie said.

Eddie smiled as another song came on. She grabbed Jamie's hand and pulled him up. "Dance?" Eddie said, the song being a slow song.

Jamie replied "Sure.", before he placed his hands in the right places and slowly swayed to the music with her.