Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen:

                                                       {Willow}

      He pulled the bandanna off of her face and it dropped around her neck. Willow's eyes widened and she smiled as she saw a large boat with colorful lights all over it. "Oh my gosh!" she gasped. He stepped on the boat and held out a hand for her. Smiling, she took it and he helped her onto the boat. "This is so amazing and beautiful!"

"Nothing compares to you..." he said, smiling down at her. He turned around and started the boat, and Willow sat down, admiring all of the multi-colored lights. She looked out to see the few lights on the edge of the lake from the houses and cars, and how they reflected off the water. Gerard steered the boat to the middle of the huge lake and shut the motor off. She turned and watched, confused, as he shut all the lights off then he walked over to her, taking her hands. Everything was still, the lake wasn't even moving. "Look up." he told her softly, and she looked up to see a bunch of stars shining like silver, shattered glass in the dark, night sky. She gasped and smiled.

"It's beautiful..." she said, and looked to see Gerard staring at her, smiling.

"Isn't it?" he said after a moment, and looked up slightly. Then he smiled down at her. "They shine like your eyes. Bright and unfading..."

"T...thank you..." she said, smiling.

"I'm so glad I have you in my life." he said, then walked off. She stood there, a little confused.

"You can dance, right?" he asked.

"Um...I don't know..." Willow said, and shifted from one foot to the other. He didn't reply, then he turned the lights back on, and she heard music. It took her a few seconds to recognize the song: Stay Away From My Friends by Pierce The Veil.

"It's easy." Gerard said, putting a hand on her waist, and took her right hand. They swayed back and forth at first, then they stepped forward, then back. "See? Easy."

"Yeah." Willow smiled. They danced across the fairly large deck. The music picked up after the chorus, and they spun around a few times, almost catching her off guard. Then, they stopped and danced back and forth again, Willow smiled and laughed a little.

"What?" Gerard asked.

"Us. We're practically ballroom dancing in skinny jeans and converse." she said, and he smiled, nodding a little.

"I don't mind, do you?" he asked, smiling. Before she could answer, the music picked up again, they took two large steps forward, and spin more. She smiled, looking up at him to see him smiling down at her, too. They slowly spin until the end of the song, then stopped almost in the middle of the deck.

"You were great!" Gerard smiled.

"Really?" Willow asked.

"Really." he smiled, brushing her hair away from her face. They stared at each other for a few minutes, then she yawned. "Are you tired?"

"A little bit..." she said, looking at the floor.

"Okay," he smiled. "we'll go home now."

"Okay." Willow nodded, and he started the boat. She leaned on the edge of the boat as it went through the water, staring up at the sky.

The boat slowed down as they neared the dock, then stopped altogether. She suddenly felt a pair of hands on her sides as they lifted her up to the dock, and she stepped on, turning to see Gerard right behind her. They smiled at each other, then walked back to the car.

"What about the boat?" she asked. "No one will take it?"

"Nah, my friend is in the shop. He let me borrow it." he said, and they got in his car.

"Thank you for tonight, I can't describe how wonderful it was." Willow said, and he looked down for a moment.

"I can make it even better." he said, and before she realized it, his lips met hers. Her mind was racing, not in the good way. In the kind of way where something similar had happened, with someone that was more special to you. She felt sick.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the song i picked for this was Bad it was an awful choice great job 15 y/o me a for trying though wo w