ii. awkward acquaintances

"I'll get going now, mom! Bye!" I said to my mom as I hugged her and waved goodbye. Aaaand I still have 30 minutes more before my class starts and I need to hurry!

As I got in the school campus, I rushed towards the building where my room is, upstairs then through the hallways until I finally arrived in my room and sat on my seat just beside our room's wide window on the second row. And just in time, our professor came in. I looked at the time on my wristwatch and there's still a minute left. Thank God, I'm not late again! As a member of the school's student council, I shall be a good example to every students of our school and obey the rules. A role model, to be exact.

But as a role model or not, nobody would still care.

Funny how the school doesn't have any idea about the school bullies and the bullied ones.

"Psh. Nerd," a girl from behind on my left mumbled but loud enough to hear it.

Should I fight back? No, I can't. As much as I wanted to, I still can't.

"Okay class! I believe we got a new student here!" Professor Oh said as he looked at me and flashed a smile.

Wait... Is he looking at me or someone else?

I was about to speak up and ask if I am the one he's talking about when suddenly a guy who's sitting beside me stood up and walked in front of the class.

Huh, I thought he was talking to me. I didn't notice the new guy though.

"Please introduce yourself," Professor Oh smiled as he watched him with arms crossed.

The new guy nodded before facing the class with a wide smile. "Hi. I'm V Kim. Nice to meet you all." he smiled as he did that V-sign with his hand and bowed 90 degrees. Woah, he shouldn't have done that, seriously. I mean, my classmates don't even deserve that 90-degree respect. They're not even that respectful at all.

Wait... V? Just V? Or it's just an acronym? If it is then what does V stand for?

Ugh, nevermind. I'm not interested to know it anyway. It's just that it's a weird name for me, you know.

"Okay, V," Professor Oh gave him a (quite noticeable) fake smile, "You can go back to your seat now." Well, I just wanna let him know that this school has a bunch of fake, plastic people.

But no, he's a guy. I can't talk to him.

He just smiled and went back to his seat beside me. He looks so kind. I wonder if he really is from the inside. But from the looks of what he just showed us, maybe he is.

Anyway, it's hard to trust people. You don't know if they're showing their true selves or just sugarcoating.

And I'm warning you guys, this school isn't for good girls and boys. So if you got enrolled here and you're too much of a goodie two shoes, well, you should ready yourself to get bullied. Not unless you're cool or have the looks. They might add you to the cool kids' group.

So even though he's acting so kind towards us, with his attractive charming looks — well, I gotta admit that he is handsome but, psh, still gonna ignore him and everyone — I guess he could be one of them, the group of cool kids.

I startled and got out of my trance when V suddenly snapped with his fingers in front of my face.  "Hey, why are you staring at me?" he asked with his face so close to mine. My eyes widened because his face was like 10 cm (idk???!?!??) close to mine i mean he's really rEALLY CLOSE so immediately looked away and covered my face in embarrassment. I didn't realize my eyes followed him i gncgjdyjcjysjhcmh??!!!?!?