i. meet zee

[ author's note: are you guys still reading this? sorry i was on hiatus mode bcos of school. so yeah. i kind of revised this one because i realized chapter one was kinda too long so i cut it and made it a bit shorter than the previous one. so yeah, meet zee! ]

×××××××××××××××

Here I am all alone and bored in the Student Council Room. My gosh! I still need to finish all these paper works! I was left out by my fellow members because I'm too kind to accept the job. I have no choice anyway.

Oh! By the way! I'm Zandee Choi from Brookstone University. You could just call me Zee for short. I'm a member of the university's student council.

I look like a pretty busy nerd at school, and that's what people think about me; I'm a stupid boring-to-be-with nerd. Yes, I'm a member of the Student Council, but they think I don't fit in — honestly, all of them. Well technically, they made me feel like it. It's like I'm strange, different or weird, making me feel so outcasted wherein no one's there who could possibly understand and accept me for who I am.

Boring? Bookish? So hard to talk to? Not good in physical activities? Talentless? Go ahead and be jealous of my weaknesses! Sometimes, they look at me with disgust. And that's what I really don't like. Ugh! Those judgmental eyes! That's why I always avoid their gazes and never tried to come near them.

But why am I even enrolled in this school in the first place? Why? When most of the people here are very bitchy and spoiled brats. I just don't understand why the world became so cruel. Some are still soft-hearted, but I guess I can only count them on my hands.

I wanna have true friends tho. And by the means of that, I clearly have NO true friends in this school; I'm a loner, to be exact. If you ever become a friend of mine, be ready for my never-ending love and support to you, my friend! Every friend I have is a great treasure for me! I love them so much you know! I always treat them as siblings. I cared for them so much that I'd rather ignore those so-called suitors than miss our hangouts.

Yes, I do look like a nerd. But to the fact that I need to wear my glasses because I'm near-sighted and I just really love reading books, who wouldn't think that I'm a nerd? Anyway, I prefer glasses than contact lenses.

What's more surprising is that after all the "nerd" accusations, I still have some suitors and I believe it's because of my dad. Since he's one of the well-known business tycoons in the world, he surely has business partners who want their sons to be partnered with the richest man in the city's one and only daughter. But every time my dad sets up a blind date for me, together with my supportive mom, I always remove my contact lenses and wear my glasses instead. Or do something weird for turn offs. And sometimes, I always give fake excuses just to go home. I just really don't wanna have a fling with boys.

tick tock tick tock

I checked my wristwatch and it showed that it's already 6:00pm.

Wait...

Oh my gosh! It's already late? I'd better get hurry or else I will be locked inside this creepy school!

I fixed the papers as fast as I can, neat and clean. After that, I hurriedly ran downstairs and went through the hall. I paused for a second because... you know, THE HALLWAY IS THE CREEPIEST PLACE TO WALK THROUGH. I really hate walking through here. It always gives me the creeps whenever I walk through here. UGH. But I really need to go! I-- UGGGHHH! FINE! NO CHOICE BUT TO WALK-- NO, RUN!