v. gummy bears and deadly stares

I wandered around the campus' garden. The rustling of the trees echoed in my ears, the warm breeze of the air brushing through my skin, people chitchatting around me, and then there's me: walking all alone, quietly reading a book. Of all the books I've read, the Percy Jackson books series are probably my most favorite! I mean, who doesn't?

I stopped by a tree and sat under it, leaning my back on it so I could relax myself and be comfortable while reading my book. For the mean time, I must clear away those things that are bothering on my mind.

As I was reading when someone poked my right shoulder. I looked at my right to figure out who did that but no one's there, so I went back on reading. After a couple of seconds, someone poked me again. But this time, it's on my left. I looked at my left side, but still, there's no one. For Pete's sake, I'm trying to savor the tranquillity! If that person tries to poke me again, I would probably kill him.

One, two, three minutes passed and no one's poking me again. Finally, I could concentrate reading my book. For the love of the son of Poseidon, I won't stop reading this!

Everything's already fine until somebody dared to poke me again. Now, on my forehead.

"Would you please stop poking me because I--" I stopped when I saw who's who, and he's smiling at me, creepily, with a lollipop stucked in his mouth. I thought he would not bother me again, but heck! Can't he just stay away from me?!

He removed the lollipop from his mouth and offered me a plastic of... oh my dear gods and goddesses.

"Want some?" he offered me a plastic full of GUMMY BEARS! Oh my dear gods and goddesses, I never resisted an offer like this! Gummy bears? I would love to!

"No, thanks. You may go now." but I refused and went back reading. Bye bye gummy bears~

Without any hesitation, he walked away. I could finally enjoy the moment reading, again. But... how come I resisted his offer?! It's gummy bears! Gummy bears are unbelievably irresistable! I should have said yes-- but NO! I can't.

But... uggghhh, nevermind!

I went back on reading again but all of the sudden, I saw a pair of feet in front of me and-- oh, it's him again, still having a lollipop in his mouth and holding a plastic full of gummy bears and... an ice cream?

How come he knew about my favorites?! Gummy bears and ice creams are my happiness! They're unbelievably resistable and--

Just then, I felt my stomach rumbled. Oh no.

"Looks like someone's hungry." he smirked, "Here, I bought this just for you." he smiled and offered me the ice cream he's holding. I'm just there staring at it, wondering if I should accept it or not.

I held my tummy because it rumbled again. Darn it. No choice but to... accept it? Yeah, I guess I should.

I slowly reached for the ice cream. I was about to get the ice cream when, to my surprised, he took it back. I frowned at him, and he just laughed.

"You know, if you came here just to annoy me, then I suggest you to get lost now." I smiled at him — of course, fakely — then I went back reading again.

He's still laughing as he sat in front of me, "You've got to be kidding me. How dare you resist gummy bears?! They're unbelievably irresistable!" he defended — like what I have said — and offered me again the gummy bears and ice cream, "I know you want it." he half-smirked.

"Stop annoying me," I rolled my eyes and faced the book again, "Go away." I said, but he's still offering me the gummy bears and the ice cream, tempting me to eat them.

I looked at his face, smiling at me, still with his lollipop stucked in his mouth. He's really annoying, to be honest. But at the same time, the foods are tempting me to eat them.

"Come on. Just get one gummy bear. Just one." he said and-- "Please?" he pouted.

"Ugh, Fine!" I said and took one gummy bear then ate it. I don't know what to feel right now. I don't know, happiness? Delight? With just one gummy bear, I'm already happy. What more if I ate more gummy bears? I might get overdosed! Hahahahahaha-- just kidding.

"How about the ice cream?" he asked, "Come on! It's already melting in my hand! I mean, am I that hot?" he joked.

"Whatever." I took the ice cream from his hand and ate it. More and more happiness, oh my god. I can't stop from eating now!

I was about to take another gummy bear but I stopped and looked at him; he's looking at me,  teasingly smiling at me.

"W-What?" I asked.

"Oh, nothing. Just go on." he smiled. I just smiled at him too - not purely a smile, I just don't know how to smile at him - and took a handfull of gummy bears.

"Woah." he chuckled, "I told you they're irresistable." he mumbled, but I heard it.

"Psh, whatever." I snorted then put aside the book and continued eating. Delight overflowed my mind. It's like, I don't care about him anymore, I just wanna savour these all. I don't know, it's like I craved for so long. Know the feeling when you ate something yesterday then you'll crave for it again the next day like you haven't ate some for so long? That's the feeling.

Something awesomely weird came up in my mind. I put some gummy bears around my ice cream, and ate it. That's how I experiment foods, everyone. Every thought about dipping fries into the ice cream? I like that one the most.

I was enjoying savouring the ice cream then suddenly I got startled when I heard a sound of a shutter of a camera. "How cute." he chuckled as he looked down at his phone.

"Hey! Delete that!" I shouted as I tried to get his phone with my free hand.

"Shush! Don't talk when your mouth is full." he demanded.

"But it's not full!" I tried to get his phone, but he's still putting it away from me.

"Wait," he shoved away my hand and leaned closer to me. I raised an eyebrow at him as he slowly reached my face and wiped something beside my lips. N-No way...

He smiled at me, "Next time, clean yourself first before stealing my phone, okay?" then stood up and walked away.

There was a mess beside my lips.

There was a mess beside my-- NO, HE DIDN'T--

W-What did just happened? WHAT THE HECK JUST HAPPENED?!

But nevermind, I'm just gonna finish eating these. It's already enough to make myself satisfied.

The gummy bears are almost empty and my ice cream's gone when he came back holding two cans of soda. He sat in front of me again and gave one soda to me.

"You know what, I don't understand why you kept on ignoring me." he said as he popped open the soda can and drank it.

"It's because we just met." I said. I opened the soda and drank some, too.

"We can be friends, you know!" He protested.

I was about to talk back to him when I saw Kara and Katarina staring angrily and annoyed at us, particularly at me.

I want them to be gone and get lost, really.

I glanced back at him.

No, this shouldn't be happening. I should get away from him or else he might be in trouble because of me.

I fixed my things then I quickly stood up and walked away.

"Hey, where are you going?" He asked loudly.

I didn't answer because I felt like my world's slowly crushing into pieces all over again. That feeling when you just wanna be happy then somebody would just dare ruin everything make me wanna disappear in this place for so long until they forget about me. Just a simple deadly stare would easily make me weak. That's how scared and traumatized I am.