Chapter 4-The Report

One week after I had handed in my application, Mom, Dad, Louise, Mackenzie and I were all gathered around the T.V. Watching cartoons before the Illéa report comes on. I was so nervous, I couldn't focus on the cartoon. All I saw was a brown mouse running away from a grey cat. (*wink wink*) I couldn't just sit there calmly waiting to find out something that would change my entire life.
"I'm going to get some more popcorn and ice-cream," I said standing up.
"Get me some more cookie-dough!" Mom called completely engrossed in the cartoon.
"And some peanut butter." Dd said adding on to the large order.
"I'll come help Miss Deira," Louise said also standing.
"Mom," Mackenzie said pushing her mother back on to the plush sofa as she stood. "I'll help," we both walked into the kitchen where I went to the freezer to get the ice-cream while Mackenzie got the popcorn kernels and put them in the microwave.
"So Deira," I turned around to look at her, "What's the matter,"
I averted my eyes, "Nothings the matter,"
"Don't lie to me," There was a clear warning in her tone.
I kept my eyes down "I'm not lying,"
"Number one, thats the second lie. Number two, we've known each other since we were six, I know when you're lying. And number three, if you're upset about what I think you are, then it's okay. I'm going through it too,"
Mackenzie's kindness and reassurance made me suddenly blurt everything out.
"I'm just so nervous. I've loved the prince since I was thirteen and the thought of watching the perfect fairy tale  except I'm not the princess, It kills me, and I can't bear it," I start to feel tears trickle down my face and I wipe them away determined not to cry.
"It's okay," Mackenzie patted my back, "It's all gonna be okay," I look up and see something strange in her eyes. The only thing I could think of was guilt, but what did she have to possibly feel guilty about.
"Girls, GIRLS!" Mom screamed eagerly from the living room, "It's starting! Get your butts in here!"
At that interruption, I turned away and tried to erase any doubt from my mind. But a slither remained concealed by the optimism I insisted on thinking.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

We all stared at the T.V. scared that if we looked away, even if only for a millisecond, we would miss the most vital part.
King Dale started with the weekly announcements starting with a rebel attack in Carolina where a two's house was set on fire and cars when destroyed but fortunately there were no casualties, nobody was even injured. The king then moved on to talk about a minor attack on the palace in Angeles but as they did not even get through the gardens it was not all that worrying. He then introduced the master of events, Gaston D'Broch.
"Hello Illéa!" He hollered out to the television. "Now recently all of the lovely ladies of our country have recieved some letters. Letters for the selection!" He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively, "But that was two weeks ago. Tonight we get to see which 35 ladies will get the chance to win our dear princes heart. Now your majesty," He turned to King Dale, "The lucky girls have been plucked from the lottery, do you know who they are?"
The King smiled at Gaston, "One or two. One or two,"
Gaston grinned and turned to the Queen, "And you, your majesty, you have gone through what these girls will go through. You started off as a four but are now a one. Do you have any advice for these girls?"
Th Queen smiled warmly, "I know my son. Whoever you are, he will love you for you so don't try to change for him. It will only make both your life and his much more difficult and much more miserable, so just be yourself," The Queen glowed as she talked about her son and King Dale took her hand. The way they looked at each other made it clear how much they loved each other. It was what I wanted with Michael. It's what I knew I could have.
"And now we move on to Princess Mikaela," Gaston turned to the Princess. She was 15 months younger than Michael and it was rumoured that she had already recieved many proposals and that she would be married when she turned 19. Many people believed that she would get married during the selection. "Your Highness, what do you want to say to the selected,"
The princess grinned slyly, "Well Gaston, I will not allow any one of them to marry my brother without my approval. I shall be their toughfest judge," She did a fake glare at the camera as if trying to murder us through the screen.
"Wow, these girls don't seem quite so lucky anymore," Gaston chuckled, "And finally, the man of the hour, Prince Michael. Do you have anything you would like to say in response to your sisters threat,"
"Ah yes," Michael smiled and let out a slight chuckle, "If it were up to dear Mikaela here, half of them would be out within an hour of me meeting them. Other than that I am very excited. 35 beautiful women living in my home. What more could a man want?" Everyone chuckled at that.
"And now, with that perfect summary, we will find out who these lucky girls are!

From Carolina, Lady Thea Dubois, four.

From Angeles, Lady Elizabeth Rian, two.

From Clermont, Lady Sara Kahn, three.

From Dakota, Lady Mackenzie Krir, six." Noise erupted in the house, but I couldn't move. My body went stone cold and I couldn't feel or hear anything. Then it all went black.

Okay so not as short as I though it might be. It's pretty much the same length as all the other chapters so only one this week. But who though it was going to be Mackenzie who got picked. C'mon, nobody guessed it did they? But don't worry I have evil things planned out. MOOHAHAHAHA!!!

ThisIsMyWorld12 😈