FIVE - Promoting Guilt

FIVE

Promoting Guilt

It's been two weeks since Chris came into mine and Blake's life. Two weeks and there was nothing about his parents. Two weeks and I still had not told my dad about Blake and Chris.

"I don't know what to do Lottie! I know I should tell him but I don't know how" I sigh, my head on her lap while she gives me a head massage.

"Just go up to him and be like 'Hey Dad. I've been playing house with my grade 3 crush because the cutest lost kid thinks we're his parents'" She gives me a cheeky grin which made me reach for my pillow and slam it against her head.

"I did not have a crush on him. He was just very cute" I tell her as a matter of fact.

"Yeah yeah. Blake and Jackie..." She continues with the whole kissing song which made me groan.

I did not have a crush on him. Never did and never will. He was just a very attractive third-grader, can't blame me for calling him cute. But then again calling some cute back in third grade would be considered a crush. It was not a crush.

After a moment of silence, Lottie spoke up again "When are you going to tell your dad?"

"Tell me what?" He stood there at the doorway in his suit and loosened up his tie, indicating he had just gotten back from work.

"Um.." I panicked. I didn't know what to say. I didn't want to tell him just yet. I wasn't ready. "I'm not doing so good in bio."

"That's ok honey just try your best. You're a smart kid. I know you'll get through it" He walked over to me and kissed my forehead and I gave him a small smile. He then goes to kiss Lottie's forehead and she also gives him a small smile. I didn't want to lie to him either.

"You go take a shower, Dad. I'll set up the table." I get up only to have him stop me.

"There's no need for that. I'm going to go take a shower and then we're going to go out to eat. So I suggest you two young ladies get dressed into something nice. Oh, and Lottie, call Lisa. Tell her to get ready as well. We'll pick her up on our way there." This was a surprise. Call Auntie? That's new.

"Will do, Pops" Lottie gives him a cheesy smile and he makes his way to his room.

"I think Pops likes Auntie"

"I wish," I say as I make my way to find something to wear.

It's been so long since my mom has died and I didn't know her much. Of course, no one could really be her but I don't want my dad to be alone.

---

We walk into the restaurant with me wearing a purple dress up that came to my knees, wearing a silver pair of heels. My hair was its normal wavy self and I wore a silver heart necklace.