THE BAD BOY AND THE CHEERLEADER - CHAPTER 3

CHAPTER 3

GIANNA'S POV:

I am so glad I got out of the house. It gave me time to think and decide the best game plan for dealing with the new stepbrother. I will try to give him a chance since we will be living in the same house. I pull my Jeep into the garage and head inside.

"Gianna, honey, we're in the dining room." I hear my mom yell. I head that way, at this point feeling a mixture of anxiety and curiosity. I walk into the dining room and instantly lay my eyes on the hottest guys I've ever seen. He has long black hair, long enough to fall into his hazel eyes. He stands up when he sees me. I can see that he is tall, probably a little over 6 feet and he is lean, but muscular.

My mom introduces us, "Caleb, this is my daughter Gianna, you'll be starting at her high school tomorrow. She's a junior, like you, so she'll be able to show you around."

Caleb walks up to me with a smirk on his face. When he gets closer I can see that his lip and one of his eyebrows are pierced. He pulls me into a hug and says "Nice to meet you sis." Then he whispers in my ear so that only I hear, "how about you spend the night in my room tonight?" Then he pats my butt.

I push him away and yell, "get off me asshole!"

"Gianna Hilary Thorpe! What has gotten into you? Caleb was just trying to be friendly. Is that any way to greet him?" My mom obviously didn't hear the comment, so I'm not surprised to see her shocked expression.

"Yeah, he was trying to get a little too friendly. Mom do you . . ."

Caleb cut me off before I could finish, "I'm sorry Julie. I've never had a sister before, I didn't know hugs weren't allowed." Damn, he even managed to look hurt and shocked.

"It's okay Caleb, hugs are allowed. That was very sweet of you. Now let's just sit down and enjoy our first dinner as a family and I'll want to talk to you later about this Gianna." I can't believe my mom is falling for his crap!

After dinner, I run up to my room, ignoring the fact that my mom wanted to talk to me. I turn on some music and flop down on my bed. I look at my phone, I have 30 new text messages. I ignore all the ones that aren't important, from people who suck.

I find one text from my friend Cece that says 'sorry you couldn't come down Saturday, we missed you, don't forget about this Saturday, it's important!'

Ugh! I was so pissed when my mom insisted I stay home yesterday because school was starting on Monday.

It's funny, because people are always telling me how lucky I am. How lucky I am to be so beautiful. How lucky I am to be so smart. How lucky I am to be dating Josh. Right now, when it comes to stepbrothers, I don't feel so lucky.

CALEB'S POV:

Damn, how lucky can one guy be? I've already worked my way through all the hot chicks at my old schools. Now I get to live in the same house as the hottest chick alive. Maybe living in the burbs won't be so bad afterall. One thing is for sure, playtime with my 'sister' is going to be fun.

I look through my phone, lots of text messages from the ladies I left behind. So sorry to disappoint them.

THE NEXT MORNING . . .

"Caleb, honey, here's your lunch money," Julie says while handing me some one dollar bills. Is she for real? She passes out lunch money everyday? My mom just transfers money into my bank account every few weeks. But, hey, I'm never one to turn down free money.

"Thanks Julie, you're the best step-mom ever," I tell her with a smile. Oh yeah, I know how to work the parents. Julie gives me a big smile like I just made her day.